Lab radar

If you use the search function, there are many threads on the LabRadar

But to answer your question directly; the LabRadar is well worth the money IMO. There is a short learning curve when you first start using one but once you're past it, it's very easy to set up and operate.

I sold my Oehler 35P and bought the LabRadar - best move I made in years.

Once I got the labradar I got rid of the shoot over chrony's and the strap on end of barrel chrony. OMG did i say strap on? Labradar will pay for itself when doing load development. It doesn't require a group for data and a group for target.

Definitely worth it. It's less trouble than setting up an optical shoot through chrono. You can shoot groups/zero and chrono at the same time. You don't need to worry about mounting it to your gun. The ability to measure velocity down range without trying to shoot through 2 chronos is very useful to me for calculating cast bullet BCs. I'd highly recommend getting a USB battery pack instead of using AAs and getting one of the sights that screws on the top. There's lots for sale and lots of STLs if you have a 3D printer. The airgun trigger is useful for silenced 22s, but I've never needed it for centerfire guns.

Really like our LabRadar, but if you are looking at shooting fast velocity the LabRadar only measures up to 3,900 fps. Most of our cartridges don't go over that so the LabRadar is GREAT!

We also have a CED M2 also will measure up to 7,000 fps. The CED is a lot more involved in setting up but I have a system so pretty easy. I also bought "Light Bars" and setup in a BOX so don't have to worry about having enough sun light.
We have our own range so setup is not an issue. If you are going to Public Ranges the LabRadar is very easy to use.

The LabRadar is great but there are two key add-ons for it.
1. Get a USB battery pack so that you don't have to use AA batteries.
2. Get a remote magnetic trigger such as the one sold by JLK Precision so that you don't have to worry about the positioning of the rifle vs the unit, and also get every shot.

In addition, use the App to run the unit, not the unit's keys. It works much easier.

I can't say enough good things about the LabRadar. I've had mine for a year. It's a great machine that's allowed me to retire my red, 1980's Chrony. It's been excellent after a quick learning curve. Follow the suggestions above regarding remote trigger, LabRadar's big battery and putting a tube on the top for aiming. If you're a DIY guy, you can even make your own remote switch for less than $10.