Lab Radar question

Thank you. It turns out I wasn't having lab issues. Ballistics calculator wasn't matching the data. Korhil78 put me on the right path. Everywhere I set the unit. It read consistently.

2 weeks ago and now Today. My 338 NMI. 28". 300 gr Berger. ATACR 7x35.
Can the gases from my brake on my gun cause false readings. I've never had the fps be off by so much. Radar says 2803 avg. plugged it into StrelokPro. It says 8.9 moa to 500. The impacts were 5 inches low. When I went to 7.75. Perfect. Plugged into StrelokPro truing. It says 2955 fps. I ran my wsm both times and it's readings are good at 500. I have the radar set behind the break on the bench 12" so the gases don't rock it. I can't set it out front because the stand is elevated. I'm missing something.
View attachment 309816This was zeroed at 100 yards October 23. 70 degrees
View attachment 309817This was yesterday 40 degrees. Both weekends I shot what StrelokPro said 8.75moa. Low both times. 7.75 moa right on both weekends. At 500.
I am somewhat confused by what you have written . Am I mis-reading ?
In post #1 , you stated that you dialed 8.9 MOA for a 500 yard shot , and you hit 5" low . Then you dialed 7.75 MOA into your scope , and hit dead-on your point of aim at target .

In your post #10 , you stated that you dialed 8.75 MOA , and your shot was again low . But , when you dialed 7.75 MOA , you were right on target again .

Why would you be lower with more MOA dialed into your scope ?
8.9 MOA and 8.75 MOA corrections should strike higher on target than 7.75 MOA correction , at any distance .

I am confused , not being argumentative .
DMP25-06

I am somewhat confused by what you have written . Am I mis-reading ?
In post #1 , you stated that you dialed 8.9 MOA for a 500 yard shot , and you hit 5" low . Then you dialed 7.75 MOA into your scope , and hit dead-on your point of aim at target .

In your post #10 , you stated that you dialed 8.75 MOA , and your shot was again low . But , when you dialed 7.75 MOA , you were right on target again .

Why would you be lower with more MOA dialed into your scope ?
8.9 MOA and 8.75 MOA corrections should strike higher on target than 7.75 MOA correction , at any distance .

I am confused , not being argumentative .
DMP25-06
Some how the click values for this rifle were set to .344 in StrelokPro.

It turned out the the monster break wasn't a problem. It wasn't a scope tracking issue and it wasn't a Lab Radar problem. Simple over looked data entry.

Don't own one yet, but I really want one. I think!!! I see guys at the range fiddling with the Orange Box and adding wired triggers and some thing else wired to it. Seems complicated to the uneducated observer.

I had pretty poor luck with the recoil trigger. I called labradar, and their official stance is that the recoil triggers are absolutely the worst possible thing you can be doing. On their recommendation, I bought the airgun trigger... and I've been happily using it with suppressed everything since.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube

Last edited:
Don't own one yet, but I really want one. I think!!! I see guys at the range fiddling with the Orange Box and adding wired triggers and some thing else wired to it. Seems complicated to the uneducated observer.
I only have the orange box and a tripod. I can set it on the bench or extend the legs for out front of the bench. As long as I keep the muzzle blast far enough away from the microphone I done have reading problems. Would like the air gun trigger for suppressing.

Glad you found the problem! That being said, dmp25-06 had some good points, i was confused also.

BC is not a hard fast definite number. For example your twist rate and velocity can affect it.so can manufacturers exaggeration. When adjusting in streloc, make the bc your variable. Or better yet, try bc and fps both (at seperate times) at multiple yardages and see which one gives you the correct solution.

As far as the Labradar and triggers, turn the trigger to constant (no trigger needed) battery still lasts a long time and you dont have to buy anything

I had pretty poor luck with the recoil trigger. I called labradar, and their official stance is that the recoil triggers are absolutely the worst possible thing you can be doing. On their recommendation, I bought the airgun trigger... and I've been happily using it with suppressed everything.
What poor luck did you experience using a recoil trigger?

And what were the 'worst possible' consequences of using a recoil trigger, per the LabRadar Reps?

And what were the 'worst possible' consequences of using a recoil trigger, per the LabRadar Reps?
Been using 1 for 2 years. My neighbor has 1 with a different trigger for 2 years as well. Work absolutely perfectly. We use them in our shooting schools as well. 5000 plus rounds per year on each of these units and no failures.

My guess is that the lab guys don't sell or make a recoil trigger and want to promote their own. Complete bs its the worst thing. It's the best thing.

I was getting false velocity readings. Sometimes not off by enough where if someone wasn't using another chronograph in concert... they wouldn't even notice.

If you'd all be kind enough not to shoot the messenger, I'd appreciate it. I'm simply relaying my experience and what I was told. Their technical explanation was to the effect of the delay in response times in the recoil triggers versus the mics. Their diagnosis of my problem was spot on, and their remedy was also.

I'm in the habit of listening to the people that invented their product. I know I find it fairly annoying when a person thinks they know more about the CPS than I do, as the patent holder. lol ;)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube