L.S.O.T.Y.A., Congrats uncle b!!

goodgrouper

Uncle b just returned home from a successful coyote hunt last weekend to find a package on his doorstep. It came from the VHA. B was curious as to what it was as he had already recieved his current issue of the VHA magazine.

He opened the package up to find an award for the Longest shot of the year for his 2144 yard rockchuck kill this summer!

Way to go Uncle B!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Being a rather modest guy, I don't think he will be signing autographs though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Uncle B:

Congrats on the long shot of the year. Very few people in this world would fully understand what it took in the way of time, equipment, preparation, skill etc. to accomplish what you did. Fortunately, on this site, there are a lot of people that understand, and wish they could do it too.

Keep up the good work and we'll be looking forward to some even longer shots from you guys in the future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Awsome Uncle B. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving shooter. (It's a good thing G.G. and I moved the bench setup back a hundred yards from the previous weeks shoot.)I'm honored to have been there for the longest shot of the year.
your good freind 7mmrhb

2500 next year???

Congrads uncle B! Are you going to declare everyone with confirmed kills less the 2,100 yards as <font color="red"> inexperienced </font> - but that's OK that u guys (less than 2.1K Suck and are loosers), as everyone has to learn. ( To quote Jon Berns /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)))

Did I miss the story and pic's? What's the big deal, just get the video, watch it, dial your BDC for 2.144K yards and pull the trigger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm up to 717 yards now but closing in.

Congrats uncle B /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
2100 yards is a loooong ways out there.Tryed to break 2000 with the 50BMG a couple of years ago,quite a humbleing experience /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Uncleb congratulation on your success, you and the others have been an inspiration to me especially and to many others. The next time your up here I will buy you breakfast and coke for for later. Ain't life just great! Lets get the tejas reamer and make something fun. Preacher

Hey Unc B,

I knmow you did it for fun, but it is nice to have the ticker tape parade as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Really man , you have been having all the fun.Glad you get the ribbons too !

Jim B.

That LSOTY is nice when it happens. It is cooler when it happens with a gun I got to shoot and it is especially cool when it happens to someone as nice as Uncle B.

Good good work. Unk (and GG and Roland) are in a very small group of people who are not only extending your own abilities but are also pushing the possibilities of the sport for everyone. You guys are not the first to do it but you are still on the cutting edge. And that is where the news is made.

Congratulations Unk on Longest Shot Of The Year.

PS Lerch and Buffalo, I am keeping an eye on you guys. Hitting at 2K+ from a bipod is the next wave of this event. Keep your goals close as the bullets go farther away.

I just happened to stumble upon this thread, I have been so busy with work and other ISSUES that I have not been on the computer much lately.
I will get a pic posted in the next few days, Thank You for your posts and thanks to the VHA
UncleB

Since when was snoozing at your post called an "issue"?

Don't worry though. Roland is picking up the slack for ya.

Congrats Uncle B

I didnt even know they gave out a yearly award, that is pretty cool. I am gonna have to look back and find that post, i dont know if I read it or not.

odd thing is I was planning on finding GG post on his 2k kill today so I could read it for a little inspiration for me and BJ trying to break the 2k mark..

Hopefully within the next year 2 more names will be the 2k page with you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats again
steve

I finally got a pic to post, I really did not know that this existed ,I thought it would just be a piece of paper like the 500,1000etc. and I really had no idea that I even had a chance at it .thought you might like to check it out.
IMG_0440_1_1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts