Hey uncle b................

goodgrouper

This will get your blood pumping! I found this guy yesterday while out looking to kill a few chucks.

A big, fat, old, yellowbelly sitting on a rock is fun to see. Chuck season has begun!

Snapped this pic through my Swaro spotter:
stonegatechuck.jpg

Here's another view:
profileofchuck.jpg

And here is the first blood of the season: This is what happens to you when you poke your nose out over a rock and an imbound 40 gr Vmax is on it's way at 4000 fps. Nasty.
czchuck.jpg

Ok, lets go kill some stuff together now. I know your trigger finger is getting really itchy!

Dang Kevin ,

Those are great pix ! Wish I was a lot closer , I would go with you , Unc B seems to be laid up on the couch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim B.

GG you are a bad man!!!!!!!!!! I have getting by just fine trying to be as patient as I can with load developement. Now you have to go and remind me what is out there waiting for me to give a little chin music to... Dang you.....

Seriously though that is a great picture. Nothing better than a big fat chuck sunbathing. And then disrupting that with a 4 foot gymnastics act in the air. Time to go shooting.

Sean

No compliment untill you post a range. <500 yards= nice photo. >500 yards= great photo and nice shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry guys, I was just trying to get Uncle B all excited. Didn't want to ruin your tranquil spring with thoughts of red mist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The chuck in the first two pics lived. He positioned himself in a place where I didn't dare shoot him with a gun so I shot him with a camera instead (he lived next to a permanent dwelling that was not farther than 200 yards away). He was about 300 yards from me.

The chuck in the third photo was not so lucky. He was only 287 yards away but all he would show me was his nose so that is where I had to shoot him!

I shot at another chuck at 678 yards in a 28 mph wind with my .223 but never hit the little bugger. Scared him good though with several near misses. The gusts were a bit much for that 40 grain vmax but it was fun anyway. Wish I would have had the fast twist 6br with me but there was no way I was lugging that heavyweight up that ridge just for one chuck!

GG, great pics, I wish I lived in that part of the US. The only types of varmints we have out here in California is the ground squirrel. Not as big or as pretty as that Rockchuck. You gotta love those 40grn V-MAX bullets. They are deadly, you otta see what they due to a ground squirrel, it pops them up around 6 to 10 feet in the air and in many different parts. I shoot them at around 4100 to 4200fps out of my 220 Swift.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.