Kyle’s Trophy Buck

In the car world there is a saying "built not bought". The guys who build their cars get more respect for their accomplishments than those who buy them. Anyone can buy a Lamborghini if that's their priority. Not everyone can build a classic though. Nobody gets their feelings hurt or their panties all wadded up about it. Deer seem to be a different story!
I was just thinking that about cars. Same with guys who build to show not go. We all have styles but half we do or we would all have the same cars.

Except nobody is ****ing in the hunters cheerios, the hunter, Kyle, probably doesn't even know this site exists. Your advertising guy posted the thread since your bullets were used. It wasn't killed at long range so no safe harbor is needed. That buck could've been killed with a .243 and factory core-lokts, or probably could've walked up to it and whacked it with a shovel.

It's a nice farm raised, genetically manipulated buck. Nothing more, nothing less.
You kinda are doing that. You may not mean it like that but it came off like that. You do realize that hammer is not a huge company and most people I know have no idea they are around. Like many maybe he found them on this very site. The real question is why even say anything if you have nothing nice to say when someone has a Prius moment in one's life?

I find it comical that a majority of high fence proponents or those that speak out for them don't live in areas where they are prevalent. It would be like me saying that you mountain hunters of the west just need to embrace the wolf reintroduction because it doesn't effect ME. High fences are NOT good for hunting as a whole just as wolves are not. So all of you coddlers that have no clue about high fences stay in your lane. I GUARANTEE if/when they start popping up in your neighborhood you will be changing your toon.

I find it comical that a majority of high fence proponents or those that speak out for them don't live in areas where they are prevalent. It would be like me saying that you mountain hunters of the west just need to embrace the wolf reintroduction because it doesn't effect ME. High fences are NOT good for hunting as a whole just as wolves are not. So all of you coddlers that have no clue about high fences stay in your lane. I GUARANTEE if/when they start popping up in your neighborhood you will be changing your toon.
What are you even talking about? I have an idea but it makes zero sense to the op.

Second I have one less than 1/4 mile from my house and 5 more within 100 miles. How does that matter? How exactly is it bad for hunting? I never would or have paid to hunt those fences for genetic whitetail. But how is it bad. Anytime someone is willing to go hunting is good for the sport. Michigan alone lost 30k hunters this past year. So anyone who might get into it through a high fence is good. In fact I have gotten 3 new hunter into the spot with the first time hunter program at legends ranch. If not for that they may lose interest in hunting before they get a deer.

Plus keep in mind the guys who can afford these 30-40k bucks are the same ones dumping huge money into our sport. So please prove me wrong but they are not "bad" for the sport. In fact our largest donations come from a man who hunts one with him and his wife every year. He does lots of other hunting to but enjoys them also. Which keeps him living the sport and pouring almost 100k a year into local sportsman's events.

What are you even talking about? I have an idea but it makes zero sense to the op.

Second I have one less than 1/4 mile from my house and 5 more within 100 miles. How does that matter? How exactly is it bad for hunting? I never would or have paid to hunt those fences for genetic whitetail. But how is it bad. Anytime someone is willing to go hunting is good for the sport. Michigan alone lost 30k hunters this past year. So anyone who might get into it through a high fence is good. In fact I have gotten 3 new hunter into the spot with the first time hunter program at legends ranch. If not for that they may lose interest in hunting before they get a deer.

Plus keep in mind the guys who can afford these 30-40k bucks are the same ones dumping huge money into our sport. So please prove me wrong but they are not "bad" for the sport. In fact our largest donations come from a man who hunts one with him and his wife every year. He does lots of other hunting to but enjoys them also. Which keeps him living the sport and pouring almost 100k a year into local sportsman's events.
I already proved you wrong in previous posts. High fences have introduced disease to native game here in texas and new cases INSIDE THESE FENCES pop up every year! Every acre that is high fenced is another acre of public land that will have more pressure on it due to less game available on free range acres. Property values are very negatively effected by these fences. If you were shopping for a recreational property, would you buy one next to a high fence? It's like buying a house next to a junk yard. Would you want someone coming in and cluttering up your neighborhood? It's easy for you to dismiss when you don't have skin in the game or the vision to see where this ends up.
Is anyone really impressed by a farm animal? I can appreciate a good horse or a good bull as much as anyone, but I'm not going to put one on my wall To show everyone how good of a rancher I am!
As sensitive as I am about this "issue", you proponents are just as sensitive. Why is it that you always have to pry it out of someone wether they killed a deer on a high fence farm? BECAUSE, wether any of you wants to admit it or not, it's LESSER than it would have been under other circumstances. How can we even have a legitimate record book for game animals anymore if that's your thing? Who can say if a deer was farmed and escaped or even intentionally released to kill just for the "books". It's a disease that will ruin the sport in the end one way or the other.

I already proved you wrong in previous posts. High fences have introduced disease to native game here in texas and new cases INSIDE THESE FENCES pop up every year! Every acre that is high fenced is another acre of public land that will have more pressure on it due to less game available on free range acres. Property values are very negatively effected by these fences. If you were shopping for a recreational property, would you buy one next to a high fence? It's like buying a house next to a junk yard. Would you want someone coming in and cluttering up your neighborhood? It's easy for you to dismiss when you don't have skin in the game or the vision to see where this ends up.
Is anyone really impressed by a farm animal? I can appreciate a good horse or a good bull as much as anyone, but I'm not going to put one on my wall To show everyone how good of a rancher I am!
As sensitive as I am about this "issue", you proponents are just as sensitive. Why is it that you always have to pry it out of someone wether they killed a deer on a high fence farm? BECAUSE, wether any of you wants to admit it or not, it's LESSER than it would have been under other circumstances. How can we even have a legitimate record book for game animals anymore if that's your thing? Who can say if a deer was farmed and escaped or even intentionally released to kill just for the "books". It's a disease that will ruin the sport in the end one way or the other.
Ok so none of that happens without high fence. Most of the animals in Texas where brought in at some point with disease also. Michigan has disease and it was not from pens. Second no it doesn't limit access for public either way it's private. So as a land owner you wanna put in all the hard work to raise proper animals for the guy next to you to shoot it? Get outta here with that crap.
As stated I have them all around me and have have to disagree but I seem to have the same skin in the game as you.

Sounds like you have zero skin in the game either other than being a Texas resident that seems to be against People doing what they want on property they own.
Beside it's not about high fence at all it's about you feeling. The need to come take a crap on someone who worked hard for the money to go do it. Maybe that is not how you enjoy spending your money but it is his. So just don't post on it. Start a thread complaining about high fence. Cause you come off like a A Hole.
As for someone coming into next door and cutting it up. Sure last I checked this is America and that's what makes it great. By the property yourself or mind your own business. Who are you to tell anyone what to do with property they bought and paid for. Where is your skin in the game. If it does affect you and you can prove harm we have a system for that.

Last edited:
Better yet post all your recent hunts and how you did them. I'm sure we could all pile on about something we see as unethical, to easy or how we would never do that. See how this works and why it's not about your hated high fence? To lots of people long range is unethical. To some rifles are to easy and take give the animals no chance. I know one guy who would never hang a rifle buck on his wall cause his view of not being fair. I think he's wrong also but to each his own.

Better yet post all your recent hunts and how you did them. I'm sure we could all pile on about something we see as unethical, to easy or how we would never do that. See how this works and why it's not about your hated high fence? To lots of people long range is unethical. To some rifles are to easy and take give the animals no chance. I know one guy who would never hang a rifle buck on his wall cause his view of not being fair. I think he's wrong also but to each his own.
Debating this issue with you I'd like debating politics with a liberal. Being as I'm a rancher in the most wild and game rich part of the state that's left, I have PLENTY of skin in the game. I've had people come from all over the US and as far away as Russia to hunt my property. Do you think they would make the trip to hunt in a pen?
I try to hold myself to a higher standard then the average and apparently your friend does as well. You sir are simply average. You will never see the truth and I'm wasting
My time and breath. You do you and I'll do me.

Last edited:
Debating this issue with you I'd like debating politics with a liberal. Being as I'm a rancher in the most wild and game rich part of the state that's left, I have PLENTY of skin in the game. I've had people come from all over the US and as far away as Russia to hunt my property. Do you think they would make the trip to hunt in a pen?
I try to hold myself to a higher standard then the average and apparently your friend does as well. You sir are simply average. You will never see the truth and I'm wasting
My time and breath. You do you and I'll do me.
Debates mean you can counter point my arguments. Which you can't you just shifted the goal. Those people went to your ranch because they wanted to that's fine it's your land. Let them spend it but sounds more like your butt hurt than anything.

So let me get this straight. You post on someone's hunt because you don't like it. I point out different aspects yet you can't counter point any other than you have skin in the game. Sounds more like you are a liberal who thinks that you should dictate what others can and can't do. Maybe those fences are better for you. If those clients won't hunt them that means you are rare and can charge more. Second how do you have any more skin in the game than me being a land owner here with them by me? We are just talking smaller pieces of land. So far you have offered nothing more than a negative comment to someone's hunt. And a sad song about how others use land they bought not how you want them to.

How it is negative towards you. Please by all means buy those pens and take them down. Maybe I misunderstood what a liberal was but based on what's said here I don't think you know either

Debates mean you can counter point my arguments. Which you can't you just shifted the goal. Those people went to your ranch because they wanted to that's fine it's your land. Let them spend it but sounds more like your butt hurt than anything.

So let me get this straight. You post on someone's hunt because you don't like it. I point out different aspects yet you can't counter point any other than you have skin in the game. Sounds more like you are a liberal who thinks that you should dictate what others can and can't do. Maybe those fences are better for you. If those clients won't hunt them that means you are rare and can charge more. Second how do you have any more skin in the game than me being a land owner here with them by me? We are just talking smaller pieces of land. So far you have offered nothing more than a negative comment to someone's hunt. And a sad song about how others use land they bought not how you want them to.

How it is negative towards you. Please by all means buy those pens and take them down. Maybe I misunderstood what a liberal was but based on what's said here I don't think you know either
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. It's ok pard, without average folks, there can't be exceptional ones. You just keep on being you and I'll do the same. No reason to respond as it's going nowhere.

I'm going fishing for the weekend and the lake is rather small but known for huge crappie and large mouth bass. If I land a monster should I feel ashamed and look for a larger lake. Maybe I should just stick to ocean fishing only so all will approve… In reality the vast majority can give a hairy rats a** if you hunt a fenced area or fish a small pond, to each his own.
Totally off topic but one of the neatest ways to harvest catfish I remember as a young man.

This farmer my father knew had pond raised catfish for sale. Dad wanted a 100lbs for a family reunion… we went out to the farm and watched how he harvested the fish. Simple, an old cotton wagon with a spring loaded slide gate and was mounted on railroad wheels and had 50'+ of track that ran in the water. He would back the cotton trailer into the water a few days before, the floating fish food was always dumped in that area, the very back end would stick a foot or so out of the water, he would feed the fish close, wait until they were all rolling good, trigger the gate and pull the trailer out. He had a ladder mounted on one end and would climb in and pick out the size/amount desired and then back the trailer back in and release the others…. Just slicker the a minnow's peepee.

That being said, I was shown several "effective" methods to harvest catfish. Some of these methods may be judged & didn't originate, from a prayer book but, can't argue that they aren't effective. I have called them on a phone, used a "skoal can" (in rivers or moving water), black walnut hulls, homemade wooden fish trap, and maggot cheese, noodling/hogging, a John boat full of 2L soda bottle, limb/bank lines, yo-yo's, trout lines, gill nets & disturbance to run them that way, the ole man could knit and throat a 1 1/4" ~1 1/2" mesh 3' x 6~8' hoop net in no time… or the most always accepted rod, reel, & hook.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. It's ok pard, without average folks, there can't be exceptional ones. You just keep on being you and I'll do the same. No reason to respond as it's going nowhere.
Ok let's try this again. Since you have yet to explain anything other than your idea of bad.

First I'm a land owner that brings people into hunt here in Mi. I have many pens around me. How do they affect me so badly? By taking up land that deer might live on that could walk to my land. Sorry that's not a choice we get to make. What if they put a trailer park on that land.
We are the same just different sizes land tracts and different size pens. But seems you feel the need to come on a thread about a hunt and take a dump all over it.

As per usual we don't agree so you say no need to respond. I'm not saying you are not untitled to your opinion you are don't hunt high fence. Fine but also don't act like I may not find something you do not sporting.