kahles or tanget theta

The local shooter didn't explain the mechanical flaw?

Can you explain what you mean by "talked to optics reps"?
As stated in above post I do not know specifics. It is the statement that drew question for me to research subject.

Do some research yourself get a list of specific difficult questions, and then call and talk to or ask for a call back from a product rep/tech from several scope manufacturers. A few of them I talked with would not give straight forward answers when asked direct questions about durability.

As stated in above post I do not know specifics. It is the statement that drew question for me to research subject.

Do some research yourself get a list of specific difficult questions, and then call and talk to or ask for a call back from a product rep/tech from several scope manufacturers. A few of them I talked with would not give straight forward answers when asked direct questions about durability.
Will you share the questions you asked and tell us the responses you received from each of the techs you spoke with at each scope manufacturer?

Questions like these will bring some squirrelly reponses;

-impact to turret
-side impact testing
-vertical split ring compression
-ring compresson issues

-Nightforce and zco were the only ones that gave response with confidence.
-s&b was very professional kept referencing their reputation
-tt kahles vortex seemed to change context such as "do you side impact test?" question to "yes our scopes are impact tested", or "I don't have that info" plus some word salad.

Thanks for all the fees back. I have now added the zco scopes onto my list of ones to research. From what I have found so far I might end up with one of them. I just wish there was somewhere that I could go to test all these scopes side by side.

Thanks for all the fees back. I have now added the zco scopes onto my list of ones to research. From what I have found so far I might end up with one of them. I just wish there was somewhere that I could go to test all these scopes side by side.
If you live near EuroOptic, you can step outside the front door and look at the Wally World sign, or across the expressway, then compare the ones you want to try. They know the exact yardage to each landmark.

Get a Nightforce NX8 4-32 for hunting 28 oz.
Get a Nightforce 15-55 for load development / targets.

Total cost $4600.

I have a ZCO 4-20 , great scope, 1/2 pound heavier than my 4-32 NX8 and I miss that extra power hunting and really miss it on paper targets at 1000 yards. I Definitely shoot smaller groups with the NX8. The ZCO does make a bench gun balance better with the extra 1/2 pound .

Total cost $4600.

I have a ZCO 4-20 , great scope, 1/2 pound heavier than my 4-32 NX8 and I miss that extra power hunting and really miss it on paper targets at 1000 yards. I Definitely shoot smaller groups with the NX8. The ZCO does make a bench gun balance better with the extra 1/2 pound .
Exact reason I went with 527 ZCO. Spent a few days behind both and definitely preferred the extra 7x on the top end.

Total cost $4600.

I wish I could bring myself to love the NX8 but my 4-32 drove me nuts optically.
Too bad cuz it checks a lot of boxes

That didn't work for me, and it didn't fix the somewhat narrow fov/tunneling, or the poor lowlight performance
This is crazy talk to me. I have 5-6 NX8 4-32's and the low light is excellent. Surprisingly excellent. Just a tad behind my Swaro Z6i's. I've compared the NX8 to my S&B Ultra Bright, Kahles, etc and it's very close in low light. Absolutely no tunneling and doesn't have a narrow FOV.

Not saying I don't believe you, but I haven't experienced any of this with any of mine.

I can see how someone would think the eye box is a little tight, but taking off the Tennebrex cover fixes that.