Just pulled the trigger on a new build

novaman64

Been kicking around some ideas on a rifle for a while, finally got it ordered up. Decided to have Dallas Lane (Lane Precision Rifles) build it for me. Going to be a Stiller Predator action, 20moa rail, Bartlein #3 barrel 1:9 twist finished at 25", jewell trigger, BDL floor plate, 2 port brake and a thread protector, Wyatts box, ceracoted, sitting in a fully bedded Manners EH-3 stock, topped with NF light rings with anti cant and a Leupold VX6 3-18x44... Chambered in 280ai (traditional ackley).

Now the waiting begins...

Been kicking around some ideas on a rifle for a while, finally got it ordered up. Decided to have Dallas Lane (Lane Precision Rifles) build it for me. Going to be a Stiller Predator action, 20moa rail, Bartlein #3 barrel 1:9 twist finished at 25", jewell trigger, BDL floor plate, 2 port brake and a thread protector, Wyatts box, ceracoted, sitting in a fully bedded Manners EH-3 stock, topped with NF light rings with anti cant and a Leupold VX6 3-18x44... Chambered in 280ai (traditional ackley).

Now the waiting begins...

just ordered mine as well... went Long Range Hunter in 300 WM with Defiance Deviant action.... what color (s) you going with ? I can't decide.

So finally got my rifle (took a little longer than expected because Manners was apparently running slow getting the stock out... Dallas is a great guy to deal with, was there to answer questions all the way through the process, and never got irritated when I was bugging him daily towards the end (got it the day before dear season opened). And his rifles are a work of art, but shoot even better... This is one rifle that I want to pass down to my kids (when I have them) :).....

Here she is...
IMG_1788_zpslblql1nl.jpg

Ive determined this rifle will shoot anything accurately. Used a box of 150 grain midway softpoint boat tail blems that was on sale to fireform with...

These are my groups for fireforming. Didnt play with seating depth, or anything...
Here is a 3 shot group of Varget at 100 yards...
IMG_1792_zpsc2ohmrd1.jpg

And a 3 shot group of H4350 at 300 yards...
IMG_1793_zpsldm0stri.jpg

And heres a pic of a 3 shot group at 700 yards Dallas sent me from when he was working up the load for it (H4831SC, mag primer and a Berger 168 VLD)...
IMG_1777_zpsk3vtngmj.jpg

And 2 shots at 1000...
IMG_1776_zpsfctwllds.jpg

Not to shabby for a rifle that weighs in at 9.4lbs with scope, sling and buttstock pack on it.

Holy SMOKES!!!!!

That is some great shooting - and the rifle is nice too. What a great looking/shooting rifle - Mr. Lane sure got that one to sing!

Great looking rig and pretty good shooting too ;) Dallas is finishing up a 6.5 Sherman for me at the moment. He is working up a load right now - this is definitely encouraging!

I just ordered a 280ai barrel from Pac-Nor, and Im super excited. Those are mind blowing groups.

My goal is shooting 168 grn Berger VLD Hunting, and using RL 26 (I kind of over bought on powder, I have 10# if it now :rolleyes:

You've got a beautiful rig there. :cool:

I just ordered a 280ai barrel from Pac-Nor, and Im super excited. Those are mind blowing groups.

My goal is shooting 168 grn Berger VLD Hunting, and using RL 26 (I kind of over bought on powder, I have 10# if it now :rolleyes:

You've got a beautiful rig there. :cool:

Thanks... I didnt chrono or play with any other powders, but Dallas said he ran it across the chrono at 3040fps... Thats a 168 VLD, 60.0 grains of H4831SC, and a CCI 250 primer (mag) in Hornady 280 brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.