• 51 to 60 years old

Votes: 127 20.3%
  • 61-70 years old

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • 71 years old or older

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters
I'll turn 30 in Feb. 09'
I've been involved in long range hunting for the past 20 years. I've been a machinist for the past 15 years and have been doing rifle work for myself and close friends for 10 years, and been doing it for the general public for the past 6 years.

Yeah, you laugh now...Father Time doesn't play favorites, he gets all of us. He got me and he'll get you. One day you'll wake up and wonder why things hurt that never did before. I used to be funny and full of witty things to say. Now look what happened.

When I hit forty or so I noticed that when I screwed up and hurt myself that I didn't bounce back as quick as I used to. You're not far from there. Then at about 48 or so I discovered that I needed glasses.

I'll stop there, I don't wanna spoil all the fun that awaits you. I'll just say, it get's way funner. :)

Festus

Yeah, you laugh now...Father Time doesn't play favorites, he gets all of us. He got me and he'll get you. One day you'll wake up and wonder why things hurt that never did before. I used to be funny and full of witty things to say. Now look what happened.

When I hit forty or so I noticed that when I screwed up and hurt myself that I didn't bounce back as quick as I used to. You're not far from there. Then at about 48 or so I discovered that I needed glasses.

I'll stop there, I don't wanna spoil all the fun that awaits you. I'll just say, it get's way funner. :)

Festus

Actually, I already understand the wisdom in your words.

A few years ago I decided to purchase a new dirt bike to ride once again.

Well, after the second wreck, which found me rolling in the pasture with the bike following me and ultimately landing on top of me.....I quickly realized that the ground was a lot harder than it used to be 10 years ago.

Long story short: I rolled, not rode, but rolled the bike into the shed and sold it a few weeks later....bent handlebars and all.....for a fraction of what I paid for it.

Yessir, I am nowhere near as invincible as I used to be...lol. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.