Votes: 155 24.8%
  • 51 to 60 years old

Votes: 127 20.3%
  • 61-70 years old

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • 71 years old or older

Votes: 8 1.3%

• Total voters
65, a disabled Vietnam Veteran with 3 tours infantry and recon, had the pleasure of working with true HEROES and it's been my honored and life long duty to never forget that,

"HE WHO HAS SHED BLOOD WITH ME SHALL FOREVER BE MY BROTHER"

I'm the old grunt who has the watch. I never expected to live this long. But, in all wars God spares a few veterans so that we can carry on our traditions and the memory of those who gave all. Helping the new breed is my commitment.

Hunting and shooting are my therapy. I've been rode hard, broken, and put away wet many times, but when the SHTF, I'm there ready, willing and accountable.

LRH is an excellent source of information and I appreciate all of you for sharing.

SEMPER FIDELIS
Robert W. Gonzales
Sergeant of Marines (Ret.)

A friend asked me the other day, "How does it feel to be 63?" My reply, " Heck I don't know, I've never been 63 before.":) Time does fly when you're having a good time.

Roy, you are older than dirt! Real men can count it on their fingers and toes....unless you play around wit "SUPPER GLUE"!!!:rolleyes::cool::D

Two more Sundays and I will be Hands & Toes, Hands & Toes, Hands & Toes and hands.:)

Returned from a late season cow elk hunt in Utah. My brother and I both shot our cows at 200yds 30 degree angle uphill. Not bad for 2 Disabled Vietnam Marine Corps Veterans. I'm 65 and he's 68.

Sorry I forgot to upload the pictures.
CRS

Attachments

• Recoverying Tony's elk.jpg
    Recoverying Tony's elk.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 15
  • tony bobby.jpg
    tony bobby.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 11
Man talk about forgetting S---T, here's the cows. Brother on left, I'm on the right.

Brother's rifle:
Rem700, Leupold 6.5 x 20 LR Duplex, 7-08cal, 154gr Hornady Interbond, 40grs IMR 4064, 2656fps. 100yd Zero, come ups to 700yds.

My rifle:
Rem700, Nightforce 5.5 x 22 x 56mm NP-R2, 300WM, 168gr Barnes TTSX, , 74grs RL19, 3163fps, 100yd Zero, come ups to 1100yds

Both rifles have the actions and barrels tuned concentric to the bore axis, pillared and glass bedded stocks. One piece Grunning Precision scope bases with 8/40 base screws and pinned to the receiver. Tactical rings on the 300WM. NF rings on the 7-08.

Rifles are sighted in at 100yds with come ups calculated on NF BC Program. Data is confirmed in the field to actual 100yd range increments to max effective range for caliber for humane elk kills.

Attachments

• Dry Canyon Elk.jpg
    Dry Canyon Elk.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.