Jumped on board to expand my knowledge

New member here. Started reloading and building (read: assembling) rifles semi recently. Lots of my google searches led me to this site. Figured I'd sign up. Not sure I'll have a lot of input for others with my lack of experience, but sure appreciate all of you out there sharing your experiences.
Welcome aboard....ask away!

Welcome from New Jersey. If you really want to see how far you can take reloading for super precision and accuracy, go to a bench rest match and speak to the shooters. You will learn and you will be impressed. Then you will put it all in perspective. Example. My 270 Weatherby mag is a 1979 rifle, and it came with the 3 shot 1 and 1/8 inch group from the factory. Target included in the box. I have made loads for it with careful hand loads, that can make one ragged hole , at 100 yards ,with 3 shots, but not 5. Now I have purchased better scales, a new Summit press, Forester Micrometer seating dies. Weigh the magnum cases to 1/2 a grain, weigh bullets to 1/10th of a grain. ect. ect ect. Its still a very nice 1 1/4 inch Mule Deer HUNTING RIFLE!!!! Its not a 1/2 inch sub MOA rifle, and Its never going to be one. So my point is some of what we do will make a big difference in the rifles that have the true potential to shoot into .225 or better, at 100 yards, and others are, as they were made, are nice rifles that will shoot an into an inch to an inch and half all day long and are fine deer and elk rifles. Now here is the Rabbit Hole, Now that you have Mid to Hi level reloading Equpment and lots of advice as to how to make incredible loads, do you now re barrel the rifle with a fine high grade barrel, , re bed the rifle, and put in a new trigger, and touch up the crown, to try to make it a sub MOA rifle, or do you go by another one that is already sub MOA??? Only you ,and your quest for precession and accuracy can answer that one. Remember, it all supposed to be Fun and interesting.

Welcome from New Jersey. If you really want to see how far you can take reloading for super precision and accuracy, go to a bench rest match and speak to the shooters. You will learn and you will be impressed. Then you will put it all in perspective. Example. My 270 Weatherby mag is a 1979 rifle, and it came with the 3 shot 1 and 1/8 inch group from the factory. Target included in the box. I have made loads for it with careful hand loads, that can make one ragged hole , at 100 yards ,with 3 shots, but not 5. Now I have purchased better scales, a new Summit press, Forester Micrometer seating dies. Weigh the magnum cases to 1/2 a grain, weigh bullets to 1/10th of a grain. ect. ect ect. Its still a very nice 1 1/4 inch Mule Deer HUNTING RIFLE!!!! Its not a 1/2 inch sub MOA rifle, and Its never going to be one. So my point is some of what we do will make a big difference in the rifles that have the true potential to shoot into .225 or better, at 100 yards, and others are, as they were made, are nice rifles that will shoot an into an inch to an inch and half all day long and are fine deer and elk rifles. Now here is the Rabbit Hole, Now that you have Mid to Hi level reloading Equpment and lots of advice as to how to make incredible loads, do you now re barrel the rifle with a fine high grade barrel, , re bed the rifle, and put in a new trigger, and touch up the crown, to try to make it a sub MOA rifle, or do you go by another one that is already sub MOA??? Only you ,and your quest for precession and accuracy can answer that one. Remember, it all supposed to be Fun and interesting.
Good points made here. I have rifles that fall into both categories. Some just aren't worth the time, money, and effort to improve. I'd rather start fresh and enjoy the process of assembling a new one. I'm not long on excellent reloading equipment yet, but I'm compiling a good setup and slowly realizing what works best for my needs.

That is just great Arcola!!! Its really fun to take reloading to a high level and make really excellent , accurate loads. Then it reaches a point where the rifle itself cannot improve any further, no matter how excellent the load is, so we improve the rife to match the load. OR , we get a better ,more accurate rifle. I do load for hunting and also for Bench Rest shooting. I love to obsess over making the most perfect loads I can ,within the frame work of my Loading Equpment. Its really rewarding!! Do it Buddy!!!

New member here. Started reloading and building (read: assembling) rifles semi recently. Lots of my google searches led me to this site. Figured I'd sign up. Not sure I'll have a lot of input for others with my lack of experience, but sure appreciate all of you out there sharing your experiences.
Run don't walk away! This hotel is basically Hotel California!

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

The pursuit of accuracy, speed, precision, etc is a haunting.

Not only will you spend $1000's chasing accuracy, you never get there and it destroys the value of your rifles! Seriously, I took a $700 rifle, spent $2500 on it and now it is an amazingly accurate $1500-$2000 rifle!

I bought a Colt Government 380, shot it 10 times and it has nearly doubled in value! I don't get it!

If a factory rifle is available that meets your needs, buy it!

…but it is fun so, go put yourself on the list for a V4, call GAP about a build and order up a ZCO!

Glad to have you on the forum the only dumb question is the one you don't ask

Run don't walk away! This hotel is basically Hotel California!

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

The pursuit of accuracy, speed, precision, etc is a haunting.

Not only will you spend $1000's chasing accuracy, you never get there and it destroys the value of your rifles! Seriously, I took a $700 rifle, spent $2500 on it and now it is an amazingly accurate $1500-$2000 rif

I bought a Colt

If a factory rifle is available that meets your needs, buy it!

…but it is fun so, go put yourself on the list fuild and order up a ZCO!