Searching Board For Info On 6.5/300 WSM

MAELTY

I,m sure this topic has been dealt with at length. I just need to try to find what has been written.

My son had his M77 260 cal reemed for the WSM case. Now I need to work up some cases and loads and need some info.

Any new input or how to find what is already advailable would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

I have one built by Chris Matthews on this board.... I posted results about 2 weeks back...

Great caliber but the bullets are the issue... seems most if not all the 6.5 bullets can't handle the pressures of the big fat case... most deform...

I have run them as hot as 3500.. but about every 2 of ten deform ...

Going to try some differnt ones soon...

Maelty and WyoWhisper, you may want to look at the new 140gr hornady SST bullets. They should handle the speed. Certainly durable enough for hunting.

Very long at 1.5" (but stabilize in my 1 in 9 twist barrel), so BC should be in the high 6's maybe even 7's? Shooting them now in my 6.5 Mystic and getting very good accuracy. Their long bearing surface is acting more like a 155gr MK then 140gr MK for vel.

Should make a very nice LR target/hunting bullet.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.