Joined the 1 mile club yesterday!

My wife bought me a Long range course for my birthday in March and yesterday was the class with Adam at North East Texas Tactical in Terrell, TX. I really never shot passed 500yds before, so I was pretty excited. I was also nervous because I did not know how my rifle, reloads and myself would perform passed 500yds.
We had class in the morning going over the basic concepts for shooting at LR and how to use the Applied Ballistics App. Around lunch we broke out our rifles, to go over them and our setup.
We began shooting at 100 to make sure our rifles were zeroed. We then jumped to 300 and started making our way down range out to 1500yds in 100yd increments. I had 1st round hits to 900. All center mass. I missed the 1000yd target but made the adjustment for another center mass hit on the second round. 1100-1400 were first round hits. 1500 I missed left, made the adjustment and hit it on the second round.
Then it was on to the mile target. The app called for 67.5 moa of elevation and 4.5 moa of windage. I ran out of elevation on my turret. It only went to 50moa, so I made up the difference by using my reticle. It was a little difficult for me, since I had to aim in the blank quadrant of the reticle. It took my 3 tries before I connected on the 4th. Needless to say I was pretty stoked! Felt good knowing that my equipment, reloads and myself were capable of accomplishing this. Sorry for the long post, but I am still excited about it.

Rifle and load info:
Rem 700 with 27" Bartlein in 6.5 PRC
NF SHV 5-20x56 with MOAR reticle
Harris bipod with rear bag
156 Bergers
ADG brass
Fed 210M
56.3gr H1000
2980fps
SD 6 ES 16
View attachment 454927
Well done sir! It's a small but growing club! If you make it to Texas I have a 1moa target at 1817y that will earn you the Yeti Coin!

Hitting at a mile is a feeling that will never fade. I've seen the 6.5 PRCs get there, and it's a bit harder challenge than hitting with a 300WM! So, my hat is off to you on that accomplishment!

On a bluebird day with light wind I can print MOA and sometimes sub, but that's after a first couple misses. I'd like to come out the gate with first round hits!

one day I might try.

My wife bought me a Long range course for my birthday in March and yesterday was the class with Adam at North East Texas Tactical in Terrell, TX. I really never shot passed 500yds before, so I was pretty excited. I was also nervous because I did not know how my rifle, reloads and myself would perform passed 500yds.
We had class in the morning going over the basic concepts for shooting at LR and how to use the Applied Ballistics App. Around lunch we broke out our rifles, to go over them and our setup.
We began shooting at 100 to make sure our rifles were zeroed. We then jumped to 300 and started making our way down range out to 1500yds in 100yd increments. I had 1st round hits to 900. All center mass. I missed the 1000yd target but made the adjustment for another center mass hit on the second round. 1100-1400 were first round hits. 1500 I missed left, made the adjustment and hit it on the second round.
Then it was on to the mile target. The app called for 67.5 moa of elevation and 4.5 moa of windage. I ran out of elevation on my turret. It only went to 50moa, so I made up the difference by using my reticle. It was a little difficult for me, since I had to aim in the blank quadrant of the reticle. It took my 3 tries before I connected on the 4th. Needless to say I was pretty stoked! Felt good knowing that my equipment, reloads and myself were capable of accomplishing this. Sorry for the long post, but I am still excited about it.

Rifle and load info:
Rem 700 with 27" Bartlein in 6.5 PRC
NF SHV 5-20x56 with MOAR reticle
Harris bipod with rear bag
156 Bergers
ADG brass
Fed 210M
56.3gr H1000
2980fps
SD 6 ES 16
View attachment 454927

Congrats and Welcome to the club.

Man that is an accomplishment. I'd love to do that some day.

How about a pic of the rifle.
20200811_182546.jpg

Recent Posts