'ja ever think there would come a day

Had a family cookout today at the home. Was showing my daughter's brother in law my reloading area. Showing him my stash of primers. On one box of CCI 300 was a price tag for $13.99 for 1,000.

I have to get one 2x4x 10ft tomorrow. The only use for it, is to level out the sand for the new pool. That's $12.85. After I get done with it. It's firewood.

Sorry in advance for venting
Go right ahead and vent you have reason too. It's not the only industry it is happening too. The Meat Packer use to make $80 a head processing a animal, now they make $450 a head and the ranchers are going broke. I blame the feds letting the Large companies concentrate a industry by approving the sale of smaller companies so the large company can monopolize a industry. Feds have not paid any attention to anti-trust laws in 30 years. One world order for all......

I would add that is kinda how the primer and ammo market is right now. The Feds approved Federal buying Remmington ammo in Bankruptcy and now The parent company of Federal makes 65 to 70% of the U.S. production. You don't think Winchester is more then happy to increase their prices 50 to 150 % for their share?

I would add that is kinda how the primer and ammo market is right now. The Feds approved Federal buying Remmington ammo in Bankruptcy and now The parent company of Federal makes 65 to 70% of the U.S. production. You don't think Winchester is more then happy to increase their prices 50 to 150 % for their share?
How many other companies were lined up to buy Remington out of bankruptcy?

I'm genuinely curious. Will look it up.

Last edited: