Ever buy once fired brass that was so out of spec if would not resize?

If available, one should always use Small Base (SB) dies on brass with an unknown history. These dues will take the brass down to minimum size. Afterwards, you can usually get away with using regular dies. These are always available for .308 Win/NATO. & .223 Rem/NATO rounds but I am unsure of other cartridges. Check RCBS and Redding for others.
Cheers,
crkckr

Hello Long Range Hunting forum community. I love to handload and would classify myself as and advanced intermediate loader (I measure from the datum point on the shoulder, etc.). I currently successfully load .223, 6.5 Creedmoor and 30-06 in bottlenecked rifle cartridges and .350 Legend and a bunch of pistol calibers in straight walls. I rarely buy commercial ammunition, and usually when I buy a new caliber gun, I buy the dies and once fired brass for it. This has been very successful and enjoyable for me.

Here is my problem, I recently bought a Winchester Model 70 super grade in .270 Win. I bought some once fired .270 brass from Diamond K Brass LLC out of Phoenix. The rounds that I was successfully able to resize require inordinate about of effort and force. Several cases have stuck in both the die and the expander ball, which only happened once before on a 30-06 case years ago. I sent the sizing die back to Hornady and they checked the dimensions and gave it a polish. Once I received it back I lubed a case with One Shot, let it dry and the case immediately stuck in the die.

I called Hornady and they assured my my die is in spec. They said the case may be blown out of dimensions. I do see round marks from both the Remington and Winchester brass from the pressure gauge. Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Only once fired brass I ever buy is pistol brass. Rifle brass is just asking for trouble.