Issues with company’s?

Jakeweb09

I've ordered a stock, unsure if I should post the manufacture and reseller here as I'm unsure where the real issues lie but basically I've ordered a stock. Was told originally 4-6 weeks. At six weeks they said it was going to be closer to 8. As of now I'm going on 12 weeks on Friday. And can't get any responses or info from either the manufacturer or the reseller. Nothing at all. No updates, no explanations, no trying to make things right. I'm pretty frustrated as I went with this particular stock due to the lower wait times and decent reputations. However at this point I could have got a manners that was 5-8 weeks out for pretty much the same wait. It's halted my build and now I'm starting to wonder if I'll even be able to have it up and running by season. And I have a out of state hunt planned and also local multiseason tags depending on this being built. Any recommendations on what my course of action should be?

1st question is have you already paid for it?

If you have well I don't know what you have over there in the USA but we have the dept of consumer affairs over here which is federal not state based so it cover all of Australia.

Im sure you have a similar gov body over there to report this kind of thing to?

Find who this gov dept is & then I would send the stock company an email saying you are starting the claim process & if again no response then report them, there might be some mediation if not the gov dept with start an action to get your money refunded.

Just make sure you have copies of all receipts, email communications & anything else that will help your case.

Good luck.

Remember alot of companies are running on light shifts and supply lines are all slow right now. It's a bad time in the USA. Thank china. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to get your stock done.
Shep

Remember alot of companies are running on light shifts and supply lines are all slow right now. It's a bad time in the USA. Thank china. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to get your stock done.
Shep
Good point but it doesn't mean they cant keep communication channels open.

Shep

they told me weeks ago that they're turning them out at full speed just Busy so it'll be closer to 8 weeks. Now it's been 12 and they won't respond to me in any form. If they just told me they were running at a lower capacity then in current times it's understandable. But they claim that's not the case. And the reseller also won't answer any questions over the last couple weeks. I was charged full price up front and don't really want to ask for my money back as I'd likely have to start all over on wait times for a minimum of 5 weeks. Probably more likely another 2-4 months.

Is the stock one you can get thru Stocky's...
Waited a week for my combo...although they sent a lefty stock and iota replaced with the righty......missed my birthday though......

I have waited 5 1/2 months for a stock. Just the color was a seldom ordered. Perhaps you will receive your stock in time, if not shoot another of your collection or borrow one. Good luck

Is the stock one you can get thru Stocky's...
Waited a week for my combo...although they sent a lefty stock and iota replaced with the righty......missed my birthday though......

no it's not carried by stockys unfortunately. But I am gonna try one of their stocks on another rifle!

Just got 3 of the stocks they make that were on sale for 399. They are very nice. They fit a little goofy around the ejection port area on a 700. Looks like they made it so it fits all 700 footprint actions. I have one of the all carbon models coming. For the 399 it's a nice stock.
Shep

This is one of the 399 stockys. It's a 28nos. Just shot it tonight for first time. 1 inch at 300 yards with factory Hornady 162 eldx. Can't wait to load for it.
Shep

Attachments

• 20200512_200953~2.jpg
    20200512_200953~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
You mention reseller, so I'm going to guess you purchased the stock from a retailer of brand x stock. Correct me if I'm wrong?

If that is the case, your only communication should be with the reseller. If the manufacturer is not doing what they told the reseller, that is for the reseller to handle.

My bet is the reseller is not doing their job and that is the issue. Give them a fair opportunity to make it right or give you your money back and start over. Live and learn.

Hope everything works out for you!

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.