is tikka t3 varmint .300 wm to much for deer in south australia

Tiger1234,
Backyardsniper gave you good and sound advice. Hornady happens to be my favorite and its what I reload with. If you want info regarding their products check out their website. Sorry, not to good with links so just Google or go to Hornady.com.

I would also suggest checking out JBMballistics.com. They have ballistic calculators (as does Hornady) that can tell you how your paticular bullet will behave. Mind you now, ballistic charts are a guideline and are never exact due to the fact that all rifles perform differently and there are atmospheric factors involved which will likely alter the actual performance.
But, checking out these sites will give you a much better understanding what you can expect from your rounds.

As far as my comment about hoping you're up for the task...what I was getting at was most bullets are 'flat trajectory' up to a certain distance. Once crossing that distance the drop rate increases dramatically and that drop gets steeper the further the bullet travels. An example of this is...let's say you are targeting an object at 1,010 yards/meters and you mistakenly range it at 1,000 clean. Your bullet will likely fall 3 feet low with only a ten yard range miscalculation.
Yes, according to your 1/2" 300 yard group with your .308, obviously you are more than a competent shooter. The risk is not being totally familiar with how your ammo will perform at specific ranges as there are numerous variables to consider. That is why I suggested to do a bit of research on ballistics for your round and some practice range time would be most beneficial to you as well.

Good luck.

Thank you for all of your input it has helped me a great deal thank you again

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.