Is the Leupold 6.5-20X50mm Long Range the best scope

Dobermann

Is the Leupold 6.5-20X50mm Long Range the best scope or is there better? before i buy one.

Safe hunting

Dob

trader388

I had a 6.5-20x50mm LR M1...I sold it.

In its place I bought a 3.5-15x56mm Nightforce NXS NP-R2 reticle. If you want higher go with the 5.5-22x56.

Leupold vs nightforce...

optices - nightforce way better
toughness - nightforce way better
adjustment knobs - nightforce way better
Reticle - nightforce is glass etched and the lighted feature is way better than leupold
Coolness factor - nightforce looks badass

Forget the europeans they don't offer the options nightforce does and they cost more.

TOM H

I got the 40mm instead of the 50. Scope is OK got it on a 6.5/284. If I had it to do over again I'd look at Priemer Reticles.com and see what they have in tricked out leupolds. Good Luck!

COBrad

Two days ago I spent a bit of time comparing, side by side, the Leupold VX III, and the Zeiss Conquest, in 4.5-14. To my eye the Zeiss was brighter and sharper. Being similarly priced, I bought the Zeiss. I also own a few IOR scopes and find them to rate with both the Zeiss, and a Nightforce that I used to own.

nowler

8.5 - 25 x 50 long range tactical is what i'd opt for.

i like nightforce but they are very heavy!

i have changed from swarovski's to leupolds and never looked back!

m14dan

I am looking into the nightforce scopes right now. I don't have any experience with them but Since my rifle already weighs 20+ pounds I doubt it would matter much the weight. I have used an M1 Leupold and loved it. The Zeiss scopes are very nice too. I can't really tell the difference in clarity myself. I carry both brands in my store so get a chance to look at them all. The next one on my sniper is gonna be a long range Leupold with mil dot ret, side focus, and lighted ret. I do a lot of night hunting and very long range hunting that my current simmons just can't handle.

[ 05-12-2004: Message edited by: m14dan ]

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce