Is the Leupold 6.5-20X50mm Long Range the best scope

Dobermann

Is the Leupold 6.5-20X50mm Long Range the best scope or is there better? before i buy one.

Safe hunting

Dob

I had a 6.5-20x50mm LR M1...I sold it.
grin.gif

In its place I bought a 3.5-15x56mm Nightforce NXS NP-R2 reticle. If you want higher go with the 5.5-22x56.

Leupold vs nightforce...

optices - nightforce way better
toughness - nightforce way better
adjustment knobs - nightforce way better
Reticle - nightforce is glass etched and the lighted feature is way better than leupold
Coolness factor - nightforce looks badass

Forget the europeans they don't offer the options nightforce does and they cost more.

I got the 40mm instead of the 50. Scope is OK got it on a 6.5/284. If I had it to do over again I'd look at Priemer Reticles.com and see what they have in tricked out leupolds. Good Luck!

Two days ago I spent a bit of time comparing, side by side, the Leupold VX III, and the Zeiss Conquest, in 4.5-14. To my eye the Zeiss was brighter and sharper. Being similarly priced, I bought the Zeiss. I also own a few IOR scopes and find them to rate with both the Zeiss, and a Nightforce that I used to own.

8.5 - 25 x 50 long range tactical is what i'd opt for.

i like nightforce but they are very heavy!

i have changed from swarovski's to leupolds and never looked back!

I am looking into the nightforce scopes right now. I don't have any experience with them but Since my rifle already weighs 20+ pounds I doubt it would matter much the weight. I have used an M1 Leupold and loved it. The Zeiss scopes are very nice too. I can't really tell the difference in clarity myself. I carry both brands in my store so get a chance to look at them all. The next one on my sniper is gonna be a long range Leupold with mil dot ret, side focus, and lighted ret. I do a lot of night hunting and very long range hunting that my current simmons just can't handle.

[ 05-12-2004: Message edited by: m14dan ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.