Is the 6.5 Creedmoor the best do it all cartridge ever

It really is amazing how FB, Google, Microsoft etc are shaping and controlling our society. They control our lives to a degree. The "elites" have the schools, hollywood, and the media to spew their crap. I take some comfort in the fact that Im closer to the end than the beginning, and I can move back into the hills if I choose too.

the creed.... I never thought I'd get into the 6.5's at all..;. My brother handed my kid a creed though, so we got some components, hung a Yankee Hill port on the little ruger, and loaded exactly 1 test load- 143 eld-x and h4350... no load run up, no playing with bullets, just shoot; it shoots 1/2 moa without trying with a 3-9x Nikon on top and he shot his first deer at 140 yards through the neck this year with 1 shot... I treat it like a golf club, it's smaller than many, bigger than a few,. and if it's right for the job it gets used...

I will say the 6.5 Creed is putting guns in the hand of a lot of people that might be at home playing "Call of Duty".

There was a family at the range last weekend (group I got all my 6.5 brass from) grandpa, his son, his grandson (14ish) and granddaughter (16ish). They were shooting a Ruger PR. They started at 200 yards, then to 400 yards and ended up at 600 yards. All of them kept the 8" lollypop's swinging at 600 yards range.

The young boy did end up in the truck playing on a device as the ammo was running out, but he was banging steel with ease at 600 yards when is was his turn!

All with factory Hornady ammo!

Thats what has pushed the 6.5 Creedmoor to where it is today...the average Joe can grab a box off the self and be a dead eye dick sniper! I'm not sure any other caliber has that kind of "off the shelf" support!

the creed.... I never thought I'd get into the 6.5's at all..;. My brother handed my kid a creed though, so we got some components, hung a Yankee Hill port on the little ruger, and loaded exactly 1 test load- 143 eld-x and h4350... no load run up, no playing with bullets, just shoot; it shoots 1/2 moa without trying with a 3-9x Nikon on top and he shot his first deer at 140 yards through the neck this year with 1 shot... I treat it like a golf club, it's smaller than many, bigger than a few,. and if it's right for the job it gets used...
How bout this in my creed. My Rl 26 load shoots 2 brands of brass at both charges sub.5 moa sub 1" vertical out to 700yds. I took 120smk's and 100V 1 grain off a 123gn book load max in virgin brass not sized and put three through into 1/2" @ 326 yds in 0 degree weather Saturday. 2 different weight box ammo shoots sub 3/4 minute and the 140otm stuff shoots sub .5moa to 302yds(longest i shot that stuff) All this through a savage 10. This has been the easiest and the hardest rifle/cartridge. Easiest because you look hero no matter the load you put in the gun. Hardest because I have not tried to tweak it for perfect. I have yet to try a different coal with the 147's. I do have 150smk's coming and I hope to shoot the 130tmk's this week also. Having a speedy tipped bullet for some wknd coyotes would be nice. However I do have the 120's ready to go

I will say the 6.5 Creed is putting guns in the hand of a lot of people that might be at home playing "Call of Duty".

There was a family at the range last weekend (group I got all my 6.5 brass from) grandpa, his son, his grandson (14ish) and granddaughter (16ish). They were shooting a Ruger PR. They started at 200 yards, then to 400 yards and ended up at 600 yards. All of them kept the 8" lollypop's swinging at 600 yards range.

The young boy did end up in the truck playing on a device as the ammo was running out, but he was banging steel with ease at 600 yards when is was his turn!

All with factory Hornady ammo!

Thats what has pushed the 6.5 Creedmoor to where it is today...the average Joe can grab a box off the self and be a dead eye dick sniper! I'm not sure any other caliber has that kind of "off the shelf" support!
We saw this kind of performance with the 30 TC and Hornady factory ammo too. That little rifle just flat shoots everything we fed it. Also we could not duplicate the superformance ammo due to the propriatory powder.

Kinda like buying Ruger American rifles for testing bullets, because they were the cheapest thing available that would send a bullet, ($250 with a coupon) and they all shoot sub moa beyond 600y. Makes you wonder why we mess with $5000 custom rifles.:oops:

Some things just are.

Steve

We saw this kind of performance with the 30 TC and Hornady factory ammo too. That little rifle just flat shoots everything we fed it. Also we could not duplicate the superformance ammo due to the propriatory powder.

Kinda like buying Ruger American rifles for testing bullets, because they were the cheapest thing available that would send a bullet, ($250 with a coupon) and they all shoot sub moa beyond 600y. Makes you wonder why we mess with $5000 custom rifles.:oops:

Some things just are.

Steve

We don't buy those Americans because we're snobs..... can't be seen with a budget rifle!

All kidding aside, I know budget rifles shoot. I bought a savage model 12 fv in 22-250 for 275 bucks. That rifle shot sub .5 all day long. I was smoking clays at 600 yards with a 52 smk whuch is not exactly a long range bullet.

I shoot quality rifles for the feel. I know the budget ones shoot, but they don't feel like a quality rifle like a custom or a higher end rifle like a Browning or Remington sendero

That is a fact. A full custom rifle is like driving a Ferrari compared to a pickup. They feel amazing.

Fact is some of the rifles hitting rhe shelves lately from companies not known for high end accuracy are really good. #Ruger

Steve

That is a fact. A full custom rifle is like driving a Ferrari compared to a pickup. They feel amazing.

Fact is some of the rifles hitting rhe shelves lately from companies not known for high end accuracy are really good. #Ruger

Steve
Buying a Ruger is like picking up a hammer at the hardware store. It may not be pretty but if you can swing it you know it will always get the job done.

I turned off of Ruger when they went to the tang safety but the last two Hawkey's (3 *** safety) I bought have been worth every penny.

If they made the RPR in a caliber I needed I'd probably have one by now.

Lefty, you hit it right on the head on all accounts, especially, the last sentence. If it works, use it, if it dont, use something bigger.
The thing shoots, it has sparked an interest, in even non shooters, and WE, need that. It's got my vote.

It really is amazing how FB, Google, Microsoft etc are shaping and controlling our society. They control our lives to a degree. The "elites" have the schools, hollywood, and the media to spew their crap. I take some comfort in the fact that Im closer to the end than the beginning, and I can move back into the hills if I choose too.

You and me both! I have always kept abreast of the news and world events, but in the last several years, the internet and print news has become so skewed in their representation of the world in what they report and how they report it, its become almost impossible to find any "truth".

I noted just today that an article about our Secretary of Defense Mattis and the NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg being targeted by the Taliban with rocket grenades and small arms fire at the airport didn't even make a headline on any first page anywhere. Instead we had headlines about who Trump insulted, a woman who murdered her fiancee, Kelly Clarkson's scarred face, Legal Weed in Calif., Trump infuriating the Palestinians, Trump and Bannon's split, the Snow Bomb storm on the Northeast, Biden remarking on how close we are to nuclear war, a movie star's house burned down, etc.

You and me both! I have always kept abreast of the news and world events, but in the last several years, the internet and print news has become so skewed in their representation of the world in what they report and how they report it, its become almost impossible to find any "truth".

I noted just today that an article about our Secretary of Defense Mattis and the NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg being targeted by the Taliban with rocket grenades and small arms fire at the airport didn't even make a headline on any first page anywhere. Instead we had headlines about who Trump insulted, a woman who murdered her fiancee, Kelly Clarkson's scarred face, Legal Weed in Calif., Trump infuriating the Palestinians, Trump and Bannon's split, the Snow Bomb storm on the Northeast, Biden remarking on how close we are to nuclear war, a movie star's house burned down, etc.
The MSM is just like I used to say about Obama... "If their lips are moving, they're lying."

Everything mainstream media has become nothing more than gossip rag conjecture bullcrap. I'd trust the National Enquirer before I'd trust CNN or MSNBC.

I'm not disagreeing with you too much except for the fact being is that attach took place last fall.....which is why is wasn't reported today....but there is way too much stuff that should've been flushed down the toilet to sort through regardless!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.