Is Reloader 26 in as short a supply south of the border as it is North.

So I've been using Reloader 26 in my 6.5 PRC and 270 wsm. I haven't seen any up here in Alberta for almost 2 years. Just wondering if you guys south of the border are having as much trouble finding it.
Most any Alliant RE rifle powders are non existent

So I've been using Reloader 26 in my 6.5 PRC and 270 wsm. I haven't seen any up here in Alberta for almost 2 years. Just wondering if you guys south of the border are having as much trouble finding it.
I'm so glad I found my two 8 pounders in Alberta a couple years ago.
I look daily for it and haven't seen it forever.
If it does show up the dirt bags are going to gouge the hell out of you for it.

I had a freshly opened 1 pounder of 26 and I pulled a few bullets and I screwed up thinking it was 26 but it was 17 and dumped about 7 x 71gr in it . Some not nice words came out of my mouth.

Last edited:
Only seen it in the wild once…so turned off.

ADB697F9-680F-4CA9-A834-AEE4EF4D911D.jpeg

What's the closest replacement for R26? Anything in the VV line? I'm sitting on almost a full 8 lb of R26, but would be nice to find a replacement.

Just had to check Gun Broker. found some for only $ 234.00 plus $67.75 shipping then throw on some sales tax only a little over $320.00 for 1 pound . Are people that CRAZY? Or if you want to go large 8# for $949.00 plus shipping and tax. Us poor folks are getting priced out of the sport.