Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

If anyone knows the whereabouts of some 215 berger hybrids I could use one box trying to get the 300 ready for a trip to Wy. kinda hard with no bullets:rolleyes:

SWEET! I finally got my Retumbo powder, I bought 10 lbs. 5 for myself and 5 for my buddy. I have been calling and checking with every gun shop and nobody ever has it. Finally they got a bunch of it in. Bullets now are becoming hard to find. I hapened to find a box of 500 of the 7mm Hunting VlD 168. Probably more than what I need but that was the only option.

The guy at the gun shop told me that now bullets are hard to come buy and also all the stuff to cast your own bullets. Its amazing to me how everybody is gone crazy!

Cast bullets are no issue here. We have a never ending supplly of lead wheel weights. Been casting our own handgun bullets forever.

Try finding some 165gr SSTs. I get an E-MAIL from Willams Gunsight that a new load of bullets came in, I rush over and there isnt crap on the shelves.

**** you should have heard me bitch at them. Every one heard me, I also let them know there not off the hook with me, Where is the powder? not one damned pound that is compatable with accuracy in a 3006!

Try finding some 165gr SSTs. I get an E-MAIL from Willams Gunsight that a new load of bullets came in, I rush over and there isnt crap on the shelves.

**** you should have heard me bitch at them. Every one heard me, I also let them know there not off the hook with me, Where is the powder? not one damned pound that is compatable with accuracy in a 3006!

I'll walk out to my storage container and look to see if I got any 165 SST's. If I do I'll PM you.

third generation shooting supply has 68 boxes of 180 berger target vlds .284. they also have 387 boxes of berger 6.5 130 grain hunting vlds.

Cast bullets are no issue here. We have a never ending supplly of lead wheel weights. Been casting our own handgun bullets forever.

Is bullet casting something I should consider getting into? I mostly reload for rifle and long distance accuracy. I don't know anything about making bullets. It seems to me that is one of the most important things to get perfect if you want good results and tight accuracy.

Not really. Cast lead bullets are primarily for handguns and short range stuff. No way could a cast bullet achieve the BC or shape required for longer range shooting.

We shoot a lot of handguns and short range stuff so casting pills is a viable way to offset the cost of factory made projectiles.

Besides, it's fun. We use a propane burner to heat the pot and wheel weights for material.

Mostly WC and SWC bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.