Is a Daypack worth it?

I run an Eberlestock system, F1/F2/Zip on Duffel. Duffel for my basecamp gear, F1/F2 for my daypack hauler combo. I can break it all down as I need.

Plus a Kifaru gun bearer for rifle hunting. forgot to mention it! I don't think there is a better way to carry and control your rifle.

I've been cruising the forums and know that everyone's hunting style, preferences, and needs vary greatly. I am trying to decide on a pack for back country hunting (Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, EXO). Size is always the big question, but again everyone packs differently and has different gear, and desires in the field.

My main question: for those that go into the back country for multi-day hunts, did you find that having a separate daypack was preferable to unpacking all your non-essential gear and compressing the pack? Would having a separate daypack be advantageous?

Thinking along the lines of a SO Lanner vs Goshawk with Merlin...
I use the mystery ranch pop up 28 for my day pack and it's amazing. Use it for 2-3 day hunts as well and never had issues. Just throwing out ideas

I mostly hunt from spike camps accessed with horse mule power. I have gravitated to a multi pocketed vest to optimize my mobility during the stalk/hunt. When I do harvest I return to camp for a mule or pack frame.
I hear ya. On a lot of horseback hunts or when guidin i often use a ultralight packsack with about 1200ci made by Hitech. Easily the best 25 bucks i ever spent.
I can Fit lunch, water, jacket, spotter n lil med kit and can tie on or stuff lite rain gear in too.

I run my stone Glacier 3500 (I believe it is 3500). Really packs down, and is comfortable to hunt the day with.

Not quite as comfy as my small day pack, I admit.

Though carrying out a hindquarters on each shoulder because all I have is a day pack is even less comfy.

I use my large volume Kifaru for scouting and hunting. It's nice having a frame that is designed for 100+ lb loads. I tend to haul around a spotter, tripod, camera, rain gear, etc even when scouting. It's great having all the room. This same gear in a 2,000 cu in daypack would strain my shoulders, neck, and back. It's tough to beat the comfort of Kifaru frames! It's possible to inter-change different bags but my largest bag doesn't weigh much and cinches down tight to the frame when not loaded. It's also nice having large pouches that are quick and easy to secure and retrieve needed gear.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.