Introducing The OUTCAST

DefianceMachine

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
The new OUTCAST muzzle loader action.
IMG_4745.jpg

A precision bolt action created specifically for building modern muzzle loading rifles.​

The OUTCAST is designed to use the Hankins Ignition System - Made by Hank's Precision Gun Parts (Standard .473" modules), or Arrowhead Rifles Gen 2 muzzleloader ignition system. The OUTCAST Action utilizes a "shell holder" type bolt face. This allows the module to be loaded and unloaded at a convenient angle. The bolt stop is positioned so the shell holder is always easy to get to.

Specifications
• Available in right and left hand
• 20 MOA stainless steel scope rail, or lightweight Talley mounts included
• Receiver has 20 Threads per inch (TPI) Barrel threads, leaving greater hoop strength in the barrel.
• .250" pinned recoil lug included
• Single shot (solid bottom) receiver – Modules cannot fall into hard-to-reach areas
• Defiance Medium Length action – Fits in Remington 700 Short Action footprint inlet
• Accepts Remington 700 style triggers
• Shell holder style bolt face
• Standard (.480") bolt face diameter
• Straight teardrop knob

Price: $885
For more info, go to https://defiancemachine.com/actions/outcast/.

Note: This bolt action is a firearm and requires an FFL transfer.

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

.​

Last edited:
This is going to be my next planned build.

Need to learn more about long range front loaders.

Any recommendations for smith's building such rifles?
I wish I would've known about these…..I would've dedicated a little more funds towards one of them instead of the Remington 'RR' prefix action I took to my Smith a couple weeks ago. 😐

I'm still learning about these 'souped-up' front stuffers having just sold my conversion and graduated to a bolt-gun. 😇

You could always reach out to Jeff Hankins, but surely there's gotta be a reputable 'Front Stuffer Smith' between Kentucky and Texas. 🤔 Maybe @ENCORE could make a recommendation here?

Let's note that the thread pitch is different from the standard Rem 700/Variants that all the other pre-fit barrels out there have
-Rem 700/Variant 16 TPI
-Outcast 20 TPI
Hmmm...I guess alot more barrels are going to be sold now too...

I am going to have to have Luke build me one of his stupid amazing front stuffers with this action.

It should be nothing short of amazing. But have to pay of my Vudoo build first. Ugg