Introducing The OUTCAST

Just for reference, here is a real muzzleloader "action".

Lock.JPG

sweet, I figured someone would follow Remingtons UML I'm converting my UML to the arrowhead ignition system this spring.
I did the conversion last year… it works great and now I get the benefit of much cleaner burning and an extra 120 FPS velocity from using Blackhorn 209 powder. No longer have to be concerned about gas cutting (ruining) the original Remington UML breech plug.

From your FAQs, Can I get this unit in Black Nitride or anything else that is not so shiny?
  • Defiance offers Black Nitride, a molecular coating that, adds lubricity, and surface hardness, as well as turns the steel a rich black color without adding measurable thickness.

I am going to have to have Luke build me one of his stupid amazing front stuffers with this action.

It should be nothing short of amazing. But have to pay of my Vudoo build first. Ugg
If you're talking about Luke at Arrowhead he told me today he won't build on a customers action and stock as I was wanting to have him barrel an action I have. He said "sometimes" he'll use a customer action so I would check with him ahead of time.
I've been waiting two weeks for PVA to respond if I can send them a barrel to have done since they are out of 45cal barrels.
Reached out to Hanks today.

edit: Hanks said he couldn't do a barrel at this time. Referred me to Jim Groce but I can't find anything on him.

Last edited:
If you're talking about Luke at Arrowhead he told me today he won't build on a customers action and stock as I was wanting to have him barrel an action I have. He said "sometimes" he'll use a customer action so I would check with him ahead of time.
I've been waiting two weeks for PVA to respond if I can send them a barrel to have done since they are out of 45cal barrels.
Reached out to Hankins today.
Thx for that info. When i am ready i will ask.

Curious....MOST front stuffers(mzldr) are exempt from atf...even after conversions to simular bolt action...
Why is your design at regulated....

Curious....MOST front stuffers(mzldr) are exempt from atf...even after conversions to simular bolt action...
Why is your design at regulated....
It is because the bolt has locking lugs, just like a centerfire rifle. The original Remmy 700ML did not have locking lugs on the bolt and was not regulated. The Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader has locking lugs and is regulated....