Hit the Lotto

ENCORE

Yes, I really did, but not the big one, just enough. LOL

I rarely play Keno in our home state, but we stopped in to have supper and I picked 5 numbers and the waitress got me my ticket. Low and behold, I hit on the 5 numbers I played.
I asked the wife if there's something she needs or wants and the answer was "no". :)
So.... I told her there was something I'd like and she said, "Go for it". :)

This should be here in a couple days ;)

Atlas bipod.JPG

Well the Atlas showed up today. Very nice precision piece of equipment.

Makes my other bipod look like it came from inside a Cracker Jack box.

Because of ordering the McMillan with a ramrod channel before this conversion, I'm sending the stock to my builder to install the required rail on the forearm. I will be waiting for all the Christmas package rush to be over prior to sending the stock out.

You will be very happy with your purchase. You will wonder why you didn't buy a quality bipod already(other than the money). I don't have that Atlas model but I have been very happy with mine(bench and prone). I really enjoy using it to shoot prone for recoil management.

Never thought I would like to shoot prone but it has been a pleasant surprise.

There is another option if you didn't want to send it to Jeff. Caldwell makes a pic rail that attaches to the sling stud. I was surprised how well it works.

You will be very happy with your purchase. You will wonder why you didn't buy a quality bipod already(other than the money). I don't have that Atlas model but I have been very happy with mine(bench and prone). I really enjoy using it to shoot prone for recoil management.

Never thought I would like to shoot prone but it has been a pleasant surprise.

Learning to shoot prone is on my agenda.

There is another option if you didn't want to send it to Jeff. Caldwell makes a pic rail that attaches to the sling stud. I was surprised how well it works.
I've looked at most, but with a very heavy rifle and scope, I'd rather have Jeff do it, especially with the ramrod cutout in the stock. If that ramrod cutout wasn't there, I'd just do it myself with the tools I have. Jeff will do it right and I won't have to worry about it.

Jeff utilizes the Seekins Precision rails:
https://www.seekinsprecision.com/srs-rail-1.html

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.