Introducing the new Rogue Receiver from R Bros

TMR

Official LRH Sponsor
Been working with Glen Harrison for awhile on this project and things have finally come to life. This is the new R Bros Rogue receiver. It will be available in a long and short action and soon a hunter port version as well. These will only be available on full builds and will not be sold separately. I have been very happy with the test rifle and will be using it to compete with for the rest of the year. Not alot of changes from the norm on the receiver from those you are familiar with, but there are a few.
Specs:
Full Round receiver
Hvy Remington style Tang
1pc fluted bolt w/Defiance primary extraction
Full length bolt lugs..... .165" longer than Remington
Extended tenon..... .265" longer than Remington
Lengthened port.... .420" longer than Remington
"Guardian" AI/AW mag well (Thanks Randy)
Mini M16 extractor
.062" captive/guided firing pin (no bushing for small rifle primer cases)

Long actions will utilize Seekins mag cut, with all the same above specs. Lapua's will use a .750 bolt
I decided to run the bolt lugs all the way out and eliminate the Remington counterbore. This give more shear strength, and more case support in the chamber. When using M16 extractors, the counterbore needs to be enlarged to a point that the original Remington "3 rings of steel" idea kinda looses effect. Also eliminates extra machining time for the counterbore. The Mini M16 extractor is very captive like the normal M16 extractor, but seems to eject at a different angle and does not hit the windage turrets on the scopes.
Here are some caparison pictures and closeups of the action:
Rogue1001.jpg

Rogue1002.jpg

Rogue1005.jpg
Rogue1008.jpg
Rogue1003.jpg

Rogue1006.jpg

And, this is Rogue #1. The finished rifle. Specs:
Rogue Receiver
Manners T2 stock in R Bros Camo
Broughton heavy palma, 1-7.3twist, threaded and capped
Badger M5 with AW mag
Jewell Trigger
Seekins Rail/Lug
DE Cheekpiece
NF UL rings
NF 5.5-22x50 NP-R1
Gun-kote Dark Earth on all metal
Chambered in 243 Ackley....throated for 115 Dtac
Rogue1010.jpg

Rogue1009.jpg

Here is the first 25 rounds down the barrel. This is during the breakin phase...105gr Bergers, New WW 243 cases unformed.
Rogue1011.jpg

I am very pleased with how it turned out, and it seems to be a shooter :grin: :grin:

Pretty much looks like junk. Send it all to me (complete with that junk scope) and I will take care of it before anyone else sees it. :D

Joking, that is dead sexy man. There are some people that have true skill with machines and metal. You sir are one of those.

Handsome looking action, great looking rig. Looks like it's a shooter. Thanks for the pics and for sharing.

Thanks guys, I will update the post soon when I finish load work. Very happy with the results so far and the action is functioning perfectly.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.