Introducing the Absolute Hammer

hammerbullets.com/product/284-cal-155g-absolute-hammer/

Here is the 1st of many Absolute Hammers to come. We will be designing and producing these from .172 cal all the way up. Introduction of bullets will be in the most popular calibers and common twist rates and working our way into the less common stuff. We will base our design work based on sales of our current line.

We set out to design this bullet to address the problem that we see with bullets of tight bore specifications that engraver further out onto the ogive resulting in poor bc performance. We came up with an ogive design that does not allow any engraving forward of the shoulder of the bullet. Just before the ogive reaches bore dia we put in a reverse PDR going into the first PDR drive band. For those that don't know PDR is Parabolic Drag Reduction, this is what we patented. Now there will be no difference from rifle to rifle in how much they distort the nose of the bullet. The only thing that can change is the configuration of engraving on the baring surface. So with this design you will likely not be able to reach the lands. Nor will you base to ogive measuring tools work as you are used to. They will set on the shoulder of the bullet.

We knew when we started the 1st prototype design that we would be seeing a reduction is engraving pressure. Boy were we surprised! We are getting 3320 fps with this 155g Absolute Hammer in our 27" 280ai with very comfortable pressure. 2950 fps is the highest vel that Hodgdon shows with a 150g bullet and the fastest that Nosler shows for a 150g is 3107. The highest vel they show for a 160g bullet is 2872 fps Hodgdon and 3045 fps Nosler. They are getting their vel using H1000 and 4831 burn rate powders. We were not able to find any pressure until we dropped down to rl16 powder. We have not experimented with many powders as we were just after accuracy and ballistic information. We are running about 10g more powder at this burn rate than Hodgdon data shows for a similar burn rate and bullet weight.

So to give you an idea, the Absolute Hammer will gain enough vel to make a 30-06 run sxs with a 300wm. Hodgdon data shows a 30-06 running a 180g bullet at 2850 fps on the top end and the 300wm running just shy of 3050 for a 180g bullet. Assuming we see the same increase in vel with the 30-06 as we see with the 280ai, this is truly a game changer. Magnum plus velocities from large rifle cartridges and ultramag plus velocities from magnum cartridges. Trust me we will be testing big magnums very soon. I am pretty sure we will be pushing the 3700 fps mark with a 200g bullet in the Remington Ultramag. I will update on this asap.

Here is a pic, let me know what you think.

28155AH.JPG
What G1 and G7 BC is the 254Gr. 358 Hammer hunter? I shoot 35 Whelens, one with a 1 in 16 and one with a 1 in 14 in. twist.

What G1 and G7 BC is the 254Gr. 358 Hammer hunter? I shoot 35 Whelens, one with a 1 in 16 and one with a 1 in 14 in. twist.
.235 g7 or .47 g1 should have you pretty close.

The 254g requires a min twist of 1-13" so it will probably not shoot out of either of those rifles.

6.5mm 8" twist bullet is the 1st on the list. Then 10" twist 30 cal and 9.25" twist 7mm. These three cover the lions share of factory barrel needs. Then 338 bullets in 10" twist. Then we will work on bullets that will fill the sales niche based on current line sales.
Steve your forgetting which is next on the list! Lol

They will open inside out and peal like a banana the same as our current lines, then shed the nose petals. We can control the weight retention of our bullets by the hollow point depth. The Absolute Hammers will be like the Hammer Hunters and retain about 70% of their weight at high or low impact velocities.
OK thanks for the clarification.

hammerbullets.com/product/284-cal-155g-absolute-hammer/

Here is the 1st of many Absolute Hammers to come. We will be designing and producing these from .172 cal all the way up. Introduction of bullets will be in the most popular calibers and common twist rates and working our way into the less common stuff. We will base our design work based on sales of our current line.

We set out to design this bullet to address the problem that we see with bullets of tight bore specifications that engraver further out onto the ogive resulting in poor bc performance. We came up with an ogive design that does not allow any engraving forward of the shoulder of the bullet. Just before the ogive reaches bore dia we put in a reverse PDR going into the first PDR drive band. For those that don't know PDR is Parabolic Drag Reduction, this is what we patented. Now there will be no difference from rifle to rifle in how much they distort the nose of the bullet. The only thing that can change is the configuration of engraving on the baring surface. So with this design you will likely not be able to reach the lands. Nor will you base to ogive measuring tools work as you are used to. They will set on the shoulder of the bullet.

We knew when we started the 1st prototype design that we would be seeing a reduction is engraving pressure. Boy were we surprised! We are getting 3320 fps with this 155g Absolute Hammer in our 27" 280ai with very comfortable pressure. 2950 fps is the highest vel that Hodgdon shows with a 150g bullet and the fastest that Nosler shows for a 150g is 3107. The highest vel they show for a 160g bullet is 2872 fps Hodgdon and 3045 fps Nosler. They are getting their vel using H1000 and 4831 burn rate powders. We were not able to find any pressure until we dropped down to rl16 powder. We have not experimented with many powders as we were just after accuracy and ballistic information. We are running about 10g more powder at this burn rate than Hodgdon data shows for a similar burn rate and bullet weight.

So to give you an idea, the Absolute Hammer will gain enough vel to make a 30-06 run sxs with a 300wm. Hodgdon data shows a 30-06 running a 180g bullet at 2850 fps on the top end and the 300wm running just shy of 3050 for a 180g bullet. Assuming we see the same increase in vel with the 30-06 as we see with the 280ai, this is truly a game changer. Magnum plus velocities from large rifle cartridges and ultramag plus velocities from magnum cartridges. Trust me we will be testing big magnums very soon. I am pretty sure we will be pushing the 3700 fps mark with a 200g bullet in the Remington Ultramag. I will update on this asap.

Here is a pic, let me know what you think.

28155AH.JPG
👍