Introducing the Jack Hammer

I'm intrigued, it's a shame it has to be a 9mm! LOL

That bullet is ALMOST enough to make me dig out the Ruger P89 I've had stuffed in the safe for nearly 18 years. I have a reputation to maintain and I can't be seen slumming it with a 9mm, let alone one as ugly as a P89!
If a Sig 225 is less embarrassing I have one you could load for.

More details please!

How much penetration could/should one expect on a bear?

What does full caliber expansion mean? Does it mean .356" diameter or twice .356"?

Velocities and corresponding barrel lengths?

Thanks for your innovation!
So I ran these at a bit over 1100 fps in my HiPoint test pistol. Full caliber expansion means the nose squishing to caliber. Twice .355" would be double caliber expansion.

So I have not shot a bear with the 9mm Jack Hammer. I assume you are asking in reference to bear protection. So here is my best answer. 24" of penetration. Keep shooting until you are at your last one and save it for yourself.

This isn't the 9mm version, but I have some performance testing of the Jack Hammers here. I'll post up more results as time goes on.

I think next will be the 10mm and the 45. Then I would guess the 357 and the 44 mag.
How about you do a 400 gr .500 cal first .... then the peashooters next, lol

I have something drawn up like that and was gonna have a local guy spin me a few, until he got a big $ contract making small parts for seismic crap .... for oil exploration

I'd like to see some expansion testing and pics
The goal with these bullets is not expansion. There are lots of frangible, shallow penetrating bullets on the market. We just aren't interested. Our goal here is deep straight line penetration with a frontal area on the bullet that creates as much permanent wound channel as possible. In low velocity a bullet that will expand or mushroom simply won't penetrate deep enough to make things dead quickly. The cupped nose design is to try and get a bit of "squish" to full caliber on the nose. If the vel is not high enough to cause this deformation the nose shape remains the same and is very effective at causing a permanent wound.

So a long way off saying the Jack Hammer is designed to make things dead that want to do you harm or make things that you want to hunt dead.

What would be the advantage of this over say the 147 hard cast bullets in the buffalo bore outdoorsman ammo?

Recent Posts