Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Question on the first .280 AI listed that shows "Ejector Mark" in the Remarks. The next two loads are 78 gr. and 82 gr., respectively. How do you get that much powder in a 280 AI case? Or is it a typo or a miss-label? Don
I'm looking. This may take a while. LOTS of posts to wade through. Sorry I didn't note the discrepancy when inputting info.

Weight And Volume are not the same thing. 60 grains of one powder might have a much smaller volume than the same weight of anothr powder

Well durn! Just spent over an hour wading through posts. If I had waited MagMan could have saved me the trouble.
My typo originally. Thanks for helping me out MagMan. I finally found it..........Table will be updated in a few minutes.

The only other data I haven't identified is another 280AI entry, with a 22" Savage barrel, shooting W760. Please let me know who's this is. Thanks

Well durn! Just spent over an hour wading through posts. If I had waited MagMan could have saved me the trouble.
My typo originally. Thanks for helping me out MagMan. I finally found it..........Table will be updated in a few minutes.

The only other data I haven't identified is another 280AI entry, with a 22" Savage barrel, shooting W760. Please let me know who's this is. Thanks
That one is mine. NorCalRiceGuy (aka - Don Huff) I don't have a chrono, so no speed numbers.

Last edited:
We made a 262g .338 cal Absolute. Tested it in two rifles. A 338 Lap imp and 338-300 Norma mag imp. Both of these rifles ran equal with our previous 260g HH load. We have not had time to test the 338's again since. I sent some to @RH300UM to test in his rifle. I haven't heard if he has had a chance to shoot them or not.

3/8" material arrives today. We'll catch up on bullets and get after more bigger bore testing.

Sorry Steve I haven't tested them yet
It's hunting season, been testing and validating the 155's
Then it's harvest season.
Get the hay in for the horses.
Scout for my elk tag
Help out the neighbors
Work
To many irons in the fire!

We made a 262g .338 cal Absolute. Tested it in two rifles. A 338 Lap imp and 338-300 Norma mag imp. Both of these rifles ran equal with our previous 260g HH load. We have not had time to test the 338's again since. I sent some to @RH300UM to test in his rifle. I haven't heard if he has had a chance to shoot them or not.

3/8" material arrives today. We'll catch up on bullets and get after more bigger bore testing.

Do you think that's because of the case capacity you're working with? I'm sure that you're going to hit a certain point when the larger case capacities will work against your design and the need for faster powders. When you get caught up and have a chance to make more of the 338s I'll order some to try in the 338/375 Ruger pistol. Right now the 260 HH hits a pretty solid pressure wall at about 2680 fps from the 18" barrel, regardless of powder. Conventional lead core bullets are happy up to around 2725-2750 from the same gun. It would be interesting to see how the Absolutes behave in a moderate capacity (98.0gr) 338 with a short barrel.

I'll order up some of the 338s and 7mms along with some 6.5s to test at both ends of the spectrum too in both the Grendel and the Badger. Maybe you'll have a couple others finished up by then too. I likely won't have time to do any shooting until January though! LOL

Do you think that's because of the case capacity you're working with? I'm sure that you're going to hit a certain point when the larger case capacities will work against your design and the need for faster powders. When you get caught up and have a chance to make more of the 338s I'll order some to try in the 338/375 Ruger pistol. Right now the 260 HH hits a pretty solid pressure wall at about 2680 fps from the 18" barrel, regardless of powder. Conventional lead core bullets are happy up to around 2725-2750 from the same gun. It would be interesting to see how the Absolutes behave in a moderate capacity (98.0gr) 338 with a short barrel.

I'll order up some of the 338s and 7mms along with some 6.5s to test at both ends of the spectrum too in both the Grendel and the Badger. Maybe you'll have a couple others finished up by then too. I likely won't have time to do any shooting until January though! LOL
That is exactly what I am thinking. I think it has more to do with the pressure created by the vel of the powder and projectile and less to do with the engraving pressure.

I tried the 123 AHs in my 6.5x47 and my 6.5 Sherman. I started low with Varget and CFE-223 in the 47. I got a heavy bolt lift at 40.1 Varget 3020 FPS. 41.5 CFE-223 no pressure 3055. I'm going to go a little hotter with the CFE-223. 63 gns RL-26 In the Sherman was 3357. Accuracy was amazing 5 different loads .5 moa. Probably going to need a faster powder to get the potential in this case.