Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Our long range spot is across a canyon shooting to the north with the canyon running hard up hill to the west with the prevailing winds coming from the West. There is a very good chance that we were dealing with a down draft across the canyon.

Our long range spot is across a canyon shooting to the north with the canyon running hard up hill to the west with the prevailing winds coming from the West. There is a very good chance that we were dealing with a down draft across the canyon.
Multiple inputs from different shooters will tell us the true side of this bc question

Will you be doing any thing for ULR target shooting. Dont need something designed to kill so much as something designed to "just keep on going." My gun is a Savage 112 Lapua 338, 9" twist.

Will you be doing any thing for ULR target shooting. Dont need something designed to kill so much as something designed to "just keep on going." My gun is a Savage 112 Lapua 338, 9" twist.
Yes sir. We have been working with Kirby Allen on a pure extreme long range target bullet. I think we are very close to a final design.

Hoping you will make the Absolutes in the .264" 110 grainers? I already have a great load @ 3125 fps with Varget in a Creedmoor, but who wouldn't want a little more velocity? Lol

1070 yards.
then drove up the canyon further to shoot and validate in a different area
1026 yards.
Scope is a Huskemaw that I've used for 5 years and it's proven to trac true and reliably
All dope fed through a Kestrel 5700 with Applied Ballistics linked to a Sig 2400BDX
I used .275 G7
And hit both 1 moa rocks EVERYTIME using this BC number. Total of 7 hits. 5 on the 1070 rock, 2 on the 1026. I would have shot more but I loaded 10 rounds for the test. Shot 2 at 552 yards. First was 2 minutes high. Adjusted bc number. Dialed scope. Shot again hit. Moved out to 1070 with the 552 yard adjusted BC and shot. 3/4 minutes high. Adjusted bc number again. Money!!!
Waiting to see what Steve and the other "testers" come up with.
Im loading up some more now to test again with.
Huskemaw and Hammers - great combination.!!!!

Yes sir. We have been working with Kirby Allen on a pure extreme long range target bullet. I think we are very close to a final design.
Your philosophy and Kirby's are very similar, judging from his cartridges, he likes to push bullets hard and fast. As durable as the Hammers have proved to be it will be a good partnership.

hammerbullets.com/product/284-cal-155g-absolute-hammer/

Here is the 1st of many Absolute Hammers to come. We will be designing and producing these from .172 cal all the way up. Introduction of bullets will be in the most popular calibers and common twist rates and working our way into the less common stuff. We will base our design work based on sales of our current line.

We set out to design this bullet to address the problem that we see with bullets of tight bore specifications that engraver further out onto the ogive resulting in poor bc performance. We came up with an ogive design that does not allow any engraving forward of the shoulder of the bullet. Just before the ogive reaches bore dia we put in a reverse PDR going into the first PDR drive band. For those that don't know PDR is Parabolic Drag Reduction, this is what we patented. Now there will be no difference from rifle to rifle in how much they distort the nose of the bullet. The only thing that can change is the configuration of engraving on the baring surface. So with this design you will likely not be able to reach the lands. Nor will you base to ogive measuring tools work as you are used to. They will set on the shoulder of the bullet.

We knew when we started the 1st prototype design that we would be seeing a reduction is engraving pressure. Boy were we surprised! We are getting 3320 fps with this 155g Absolute Hammer in our 27" 280ai with very comfortable pressure. 2950 fps is the highest vel that Hodgdon shows with a 150g bullet and the fastest that Nosler shows for a 150g is 3107. The highest vel they show for a 160g bullet is 2872 fps Hodgdon and 3045 fps Nosler. They are getting their vel using H1000 and 4831 burn rate powders. We were not able to find any pressure until we dropped down to rl16 powder. We have not experimented with many powders as we were just after accuracy and ballistic information. We are running about 10g more powder at this burn rate than Hodgdon data shows for a similar burn rate and bullet weight.

So to give you an idea, the Absolute Hammer will gain enough vel to make a 30-06 run sxs with a 300wm. Hodgdon data shows a 30-06 running a 180g bullet at 2850 fps on the top end and the 300wm running just shy of 3050 for a 180g bullet. Assuming we see the same increase in vel with the 30-06 as we see with the 280ai, this is truly a game changer. Magnum plus velocities from large rifle cartridges and ultramag plus velocities from magnum cartridges. Trust me we will be testing big magnums very soon. I am pretty sure we will be pushing the 3700 fps mark with a 200g bullet in the Remington Ultramag. I will update on this asap.

Here is a pic, let me know what you think.

28155AH.JPG
This is very interesting indeed , I,m building 338x375 Ruger its a twin to a 340 Weatherby or you could say its a thumb print of Charles Newton,s 338 prototype from long ago . The barrel is from PAC NOR , polygonal 1 in 9 , 34" straight taper . Any idea what your 260 grain bullet will do in this , next summer I should have this rifle completed :cool:

This is very interesting indeed , I,m building 338x375 Ruger its a twin to a 340 Weatherby or you could say its a thumb print of Charles Newton,s 338 prototype from long ago . The barrel is from PAC NOR , polygonal 1 in 9 , 34" straight taper . Any idea what your 260 grain bullet will do in this , next summer I should have this rifle completed :cool:
I'm using the 260's in my 338 RBH (338 Norma mag improved). 109.4 H2O capacity.
They work great!

04312F1A-EC43-47F9-B2BB-F09412D8C8FC.jpeg

Finished up testing again
Shot the best group of my life at 1002 yards!
And with a light hunting rifle.

Shot on paper this morning
1002 yards
7saum with 155 AH @ 3348 fps Es of 6
Calm. No wind.
47 degrees
70% humidity
30.04 AP
Smokey/Haze made it interesting
Prone from bipod with rear bag
.272 for BC today
Theses are my final 3 shots this morning
Shot 7 rounds at rocks that were 1/2 to 3/4moa from 925 to 1043 yards to dial it in.
That's a .4 moa group at 1k!
BFD937D9-ABBE-430E-952A-47BC3EA61BF1.jpeg

Recent Posts