Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Finished up testing again
Shot the best group of my life at 1002 yards!
And with a light hunting rifle.

Shot on paper this morning
1002 yards
7saum with 155 AH @ 3348 fps Es of 6
Calm. No wind.
47 degrees
70% humidity
30.04 AP
Smokey/Haze made it interesting
Prone from bipod with rear bag
.272 for BC today
Theses are my final 3 shots this morning
Shot 7 rounds at rocks that were 1/2 to 3/4moa from 925 to 1043 yards to dial it in.
That's a .4 moa group at 1k!
View attachment 213768
Those things are screaming fast and it looks like you're capable of stacking them in there! Very nice 👍

1002 yards
Calm. No wind.
47 degrees
70% humidity
30.04 AP
.272 for BC today
Shot 7 rounds at rocks that were 1/2 to 3/4moa from 925 to 1043 yards to dial it in.
View attachment 213768
What powder

1002 yards
Calm. No wind.
47 degrees
70% humidity
30.04 AP
.272 for BC today
View attachment 213768
Very well done indeed :cool:

.272 for BC today

Hoping your BC value is closer than Steve's preliminary .217

Looking forward to some more shooter feedback. Maybe I'll order some. Shooting them with the LabRadar allows me to calculate a velocity-based BC value over the first ~80yds of travel. Velocity-based BC determination removes many potential sources of error.

Hey Steve, any idea what weight bullet you'll be making to run in a 9" twist .308" barrel? I've seen the data for the 181gr HH in a PRC, and if this allows a 190-200gr bullet to hit that same 3250-3300fps range, I'd have to pick up a new PRC.

Hoping your BC value is closer than Steve's preliminary .217

Looking forward to some more shooter feedback. Maybe I'll order some. Shooting them with the LabRadar allows me to calculate a velocity-based BC value over the first ~80yds of travel. Velocity-based BC determination removes many potential sources of error.
I have one too
I don't trust it. It's been sent back twice and still is a expensive pile of junk.

I have one too
I don't trust it. It's been sent back twice and still is a expensive pile of junk.
Interesting. Mine has been reliable and repeatable. Been using it for a good while now.
Could you PM me the story of your LabRadar failings? Thanks...

This is very interesting indeed , I,m building 338x375 Ruger its a twin to a 340 Weatherby or you could say its a thumb print of Charles Newton,s 338 prototype from long ago . The barrel is from PAC NOR , polygonal 1 in 9 , 34" straight taper . Any idea what your 260 grain bullet will do in this , next summer I should have this rifle completed :cool:

I've shot quite a few of the 260 Hammer Hunters in a couple of different 338/375 Rugers. I'll shoot you a PM.

Your philosophy and Kirby's are very similar, judging from his cartridges, he likes to push bullets hard and fast. As durable as the Hammers have proved to be it will be a good partnership.

I'm hoping he responds to
My email soon. He had my .375 Am for a second load work. Was gonna do the 390 ATip but I'm hoping for a 400gr plus new hammer now. Get working on that with him Steve! Lol

Recent Posts