Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Brian made it out of the back country yesterday. They only got 2.5 days of hunting before the storm hit and snowed them in. No rams seen.

He is driving home today and we will get going on the 6.5's, 7mm, and 30 cal bullets right away. 8 twist 6.5 and 10 twist 30 cal are 1st priority.
I know you said 6.5s are in the 1st priority but if you had to ballpark timing would you say it would be weeks or months before being able to order the 6.5s?

7saum
ADG brass, neck turned to .016, 1 fired, annealed in AMP Mark 2, necks coated in Imperial Dry Neck Lube for bullet seating
155 AH seated to COAL 2.966@ .002 neck tension.
67 grains of RL26
CCI 250 primer
Gives me 3348 fps avg with a 6es. 2 times. Just got back from the range again(4 trips today) to duplicate performance before loading for the long shots on the schedule for tomorrow

Do you mind sharing your load?

7saum
ADG brass, neck turned to .016, 1 fired, annealed in AMP Mark 2, necks coated in Imperial Dry Neck Lube for bullet seating
67 grains of RL26
CCI 250 primer
Gives me 3348 fps avg with a 6es. 2 times. Just got back from the range again(4 trips today) to duplicate performance before loading for the long shots on the schedule for tomorrow
Oh OK. I thought you were firing out of a 300 RUM.

7saum
67 grains of RL26
CCI 250 primer
Is there a load you've shot that is close to apples to apples in bullets? Speed wise?

Is there a load you've shot that is close to apples to apples in bullets? Speed wise?

sorry I'm not sure what your asking?
I've always shot the 180 hybrids out of this rig. Dabbled with a couple other bullets/loads from Hammer, Berger and Hornady
Hammers were the 169 and 177 Hammer hunters
Berger 184 Hybrid
Hornady 180 eldm

Last edited:

Recent Posts