imr7828ssc or h4831sc

sport20

hi
i need opinions on which powder to buy as i only got 2 choices.
imr7828ssc orh4831sc

7mm rem mag sendero
berger 168gr hunting vlds or 162 gr. amax
rem brass
fed 215 primers

thanks

i use re-19 and 168 in my sendero. 215 primers gave higher velocity, higher pressure , and greater extreme spread than 9.5 m , 250 and wlrm.

i use re-19 and 168 in my sendero. 215 primers gave higher velocity, higher pressure , and greater extreme spread than 9.5 m , 250 and wlrm.

i only have acces to the 2 powders mentioned above. also should i try diff primers

While we like 7828 for some applications it has to much of a temp swing for a rifle I intend to use for long range cold bore shots. I really like what H4831sc gives me, its my go to when I want a faster burn rate than h1000.

does not say where you are. according to the norma data the 215s do better than others 32 degrees and less. i would start with WLRMs. and the powders you have. most on here use h-1000. the sendero is accurate rifle . ron

If you are looking for something to get you started I would go with the IMR. The SSC seems to have lower ES and SD values than the regular 7828 (don't know why) but it is pretty temperature sensitive.
I've started to gather data on the temperature sensitivity and it appears pretty linear so if you know your hunting temp, you can account for it on your first shot. Seems to work fairly well for me.
That being said, I would still like to finish my work up on H1000 as it's more temp stable.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.