Im a tree hugger's and wolf's worst nightmare now!

huntin_fool

I bought a MT wolf tag yesterday for $19. I didnt think i would ever see this day come. If i dont shoot one im goin to save the tag. I dont know how many tags have already been sold in MT but our quota is set at 75 animals. I dont know how Idaho got away with setting their quota at 220 animals. Wish ours was that high.

I heard through the grape vine that the quota was higher but then they decided to be way careful this first year. FWP really want this hunt to stay a go.
I have several ranchers that want me to come kill there wolves the areas are kinda screwed up, in the Dillon area there are as many or more in the area three and they only have twelve for the quota, the government trapper will kill more than that this week.
FWP does not have a clue how many wolves there are, I had a wolf plan manager tell me that, but they have to use known numbers for setting there quota and management goals. I say if you see wolves shoot them or call them in so they start getting a better idea what is going on other than just depredation calls.
Good luck getn yours gun)A wolf may be my first long range kill with my new 270WSM, I'm kinda jacked:D

i dont think poaching is right and ive never done it. Im just stating my opinion on wolves. i know for a fact that probably almost every person that has told me that has never seen a wolf. They just know everyone hates them and talks the talk, but does not walk the walk. I bought a tag for a wolf this year so that if i see one i can shoot it. I have seen them before but never shot them just because its illegal. Hunting is my life and means too much to me for me to screw it up on doin something stupid.

i dont think poaching is right and ive never done it. Im just stating my opinion on wolves. i know for a fact that probably almost every person that has told me that has never seen a wolf. They just know everyone hates them and talks the talk, but does not walk the walk. I bought a tag for a wolf this year so that if i see one i can shoot it. I have seen them before but never shot them just because its illegal. Hunting is my life and means too much to me for me to screw it up on doin something stupid.

Blame yur poachin' on me. I've never poached or illegally done any taking of game (well.....except once years ago to help feed a family, not mine) but my neighbors would never believe that I am such a legally minded fella.

I went to the local F&G office to swap an elk tag and tried for an additional woof tag. No luck!:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.