If you had to have only three?

300 WinMag
375 RUM
No particular reason but these three will span most everything. If I were to eliminate really big critters really far away and assume the big stuff would only be shot close in I would trade the 375 RUM for a BLR in 450 Marlin.

KB

Hey, 22 rimfire has got to be on this list, a quality rifle, I use it for pest control close around the home place, practicing postional shooting.It's indispensable really.Then a medium caliber 30/06ish, and then a thunderstick big bore/dust collector.The 375 h&h is a good one.After that we seem to need in betweens.That's fun too.

Hey, 22 rimfire has got to be on this list, a quality rifle, I use it for pest control close around the home place, practicing postional shooting.It's indispensable really.Then a medium caliber 30/06ish, and then a thunderstick big bore/dust collector.The 375 h&h is a good one.After that we seem to need in betweens.That's fun too.

Heya Tony... Good point on the .22! It'd be on my list were it not for the fact that I've been unable to get ammo for it for the last 2 years.

The OP has me pegged. My current varmint rifle is an AR 223 and my favorite and main deer rifle is a custom Rem 700 in 25-06. Deer and black bear are the largest game I have ever hunted but I have always said that if I ever got to hunt elk or larger North America game I would get a 338 Win mag.