Idiot move by accident

I know you already fixed the problem but one more vote for that was definitely the right call. You are very likely to get primer piercing and or blow by around the primer. This can easily etch you bolt face and while not terminal it is work to fix. I would never take the chance given how little work it is to fix the problem.

fyi: Bought a couple of 1K bricks few yrs ago at local GS, and yes brick had a sleeve of pistol primers in it. So day ended after I corrected my mistake and double checked rest of inventory to make sure no other mistakes were waiting for me, ALL is well. I think some idiot thought it was funny to slide a sleeve in with the rifle primers, NOT.
When I was about 12 years old I was at the gas station watching the mechanic change the spark plugs on the car. He opened a brand new Box with 8 or 10, whatever is in the Box. Then he opened the smaller Box with the spark plugs in it and one of them had a rock wrapped in the foil. I couldn't believe that, but I saw it.

You're screw up is minor compared to a old friend of mine. He was loading ammo for a elk, mule deer hunt and was using 2400 in a 44 mag. Teenage daughter came into his reloading room causing a dust up over some boyfriend drama. Daughter dismissed, back to loading. He got out his 300 WM dies and proceeded to start loading 70 something grains of the same powder he was using in the 44 mag. He survived with all his fingers and eyes in good order. Rifle, not so much.

I will in a country store a very long time ago. One in our party needed some 12 gauge shotgun shell. Pickup a box and it only had 6 shell in it. Somebody was loading there pockets up.:oops:
I assume they still color code them? Not any purple hull twelve gauge made to my knowledge. But people do make mistakes. There will always be a job for paramedics.

BTW - note to self was DON'T MIX primer types on my tiny little loading bench. There was a stack of primers next to my Dillon. The Forster CoAx is to the left of the Dillon. The last time I loaded with the Dillon I loaded 10mm and used large pistol magnum primers.

When I started to load for the 7mm Rem mag I reached for the CCI box, opened it, yup those are big. I hand prime (Sinclair makes a nice tool for that) and the whole time I was hand priming I thought- "weird, these are seating farther down and easier than last time" followed by "I guess the primer pocket is getting loose".

Then, when I decided to load some more rounds for sighters, I picked up a box (both CCI) and opened it to get some more primers. There were too many primers in the box and the pattern of empty holes was different. I checked the size, yup, large rifle magnum so that's good. I primed a few rounds with those and they seated like they always do. The seating difference and the empty hole pattern in the tray was too much to ignore. Sure enough, I had picked up the large pistol magnum primers to load the rifle rounds with. Funny how the brain remembers patterns... I'm glad it did otherwise the misprimed rounds would be waiting for me to go shoot them.

Thanks for ALL well intended replies. Contacted Federal for their experience, it was suggested that I not fire [100 rds] them. Dusted off the Forster bullet puller and salvaged powder, bullets and primers. Tech guy was very informative with descriptions of previous "mistakes " he has listened to. Day ended with a 100 new loaded rds that I know are correct!!!!I have an RCBS innertia puller as well as an RCBS collet bullet puller.
I have an RCBS collet pullet a well as an RCBS inertia puller. My experience has been that the RCBS collet puller will compress the jackets on some bullet and distort them if too much pressure has to be used to overcome the neck tension. What I have found is the RCBS inertia puller does less damage to the outside of the bullet when used. I use a couple of foam earplugs in the bottom of the puller to prevent the nose of the bullet from being deformed when it leaves the case neck. Glad to read that you are pulling these case. Also thanks for post your contacting Federal and getting their input, good idea. There's lots of good people on this forum with lots of great information who are willing to share it. Thanks to all!!!

What I have found is the RCBS inertia puller does less damage to the outside of the bullet when used. I use a couple of foam earplugs in the bottom of the puller to prevent the nose of the bullet from being deformed when it leaves the case neck.
I prefer the RCBS inertia puller but belted magnums tend not to stay put. I've read that I can use the shell holders from Lee instead of the aluminum holder and that solves that problem. The earplug idea is a gem. That will resolve the other complaint that I had. The collet didn't really mark up the last rounds that I pulled but it was too fiddly. Once it was set the bullet slid right out (I use .002" neck tension). I plan to use the inertial puller when I pull the bullets out of my wrongly primed 7mag rounds

Get a Hornady bullet puller. Way easier to use than the RCBS collet, I have both, rarely use the RCBS unless it is an odd caliber that I don't have a Hornady collet for. When properly set the Hornady leaves zero marks on the bullet. Also leaves the powder in place so you don't have to dump it out of the inertia puller each time.