Ideas for a 7mm Sendero

lhtaxidermy

Ok guys I am thinking of starting some customizing on rifle and just looking for some ideas. Here is what I have, a stock 7mm 700 sendero with a nikon monarch 5-20x44 scope(going to keep the scope, don't have that much to put into it right know). The trigger has been adjusted and is pretty good. Right now I am shooting 168 bergers through it. Last summer I shot a 5 shot group at 950yds. that measured 9.25" (1 flier the other 4 shots measured 6.75"). My thoughts are:
#1. New 20 deg. scope mount and rings.
#2. Flute the bolt (for looks)
#3. New trigger.

So give me some ideas on what would be the best things to do and who to get to do them. Thanks

Blue print the action,
Bed the stock (glass/pillar) bed it,
Recrown barrel,
Replace or adjust trigger,

And that's all good starts but 6-7" group at 950 yards out of a factory rifle is good!!! Actually great!!

I would not mess with it at all if it is shooting that good. Does not sound like it really needs anything. I have the same gun and the only thing I plan on doing to it is a aftermarket trigger and a Muzzle break and re crown.

Buy your base/ring combo..... Buy a jewel trigger.... I would not touch a factory rig that shoots better than moa at 1k..... Shoot the barrel out then take it apart....

M

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.