Wanted Ideas for mounting Atlas type bipod to a Bell & Carlson stock

sdakotaguy

Have a CZ 527 in a VG Bell & Carlson stock. Would like to utilize a Atlas type bipod on this rifle for bench & perhaps field work. Looking for approaches to accomplishing this task in a sound fashion.

Thank's for sharing your thoughts in advance!

What he said ^^. There are several videos on YouTube you can find where you use the existing sling stud hole and drill a second hole to make a mounting point for the pic rail. Fairly straight forward.

I look at videos on Youtube & none I find, touch on bedding or milling a pocket to accept the foot print of the rail with a flat contact surface in mind. Think I have a plan.
Thank you for the input, all!

Went with the Epoxy bedding & in the end I expect she will work well. Was a bit more of a hassle than I was expecting due to the flow of the epoxy & the large gaps to be filled. large gaps are due to the radius on the bottom of the Seekins rail & the stock being considerably less than flat. Had to come back & re fill the considerable voids a 2nd time.

Debating on using epoxy on the next one, or epoxy putty due to the large gaps to be filled. If I go epoxy I suppose a silly putty dam, may be made around the rail to keep the epoxy from running. down side of the putty is the lower strength. Yet I do not see the strength being a issue in this case.

After all we are only needing to fill a gap. Granted the rail will see considerable torque. Still the epoxy putty would be under a compressive load with the two cap screws holding the rail in place. Putty would be far better than no fill at all.

Thoughts?