Remage and Bell & Carlson stock

RobfromME

Good morning,

I have a Remington 700 RH LA receiver with a Remage heavy sporter barrel that I'm building. I'm ready for the stock and really like the Bell and Carlson 700 BDL light hunter as it appears to have a flat bottom (beavertail?) forearm which I prefer for shooting off a rest or pack.

Has anyone had any experience with a Remage in a Bell and Carlson of this type?

Is there sufficient clearance for the barrel nut?

Thanks in advance for your time and input!

All my best,
Rob

I have not used that particular stock but all the ones I have done, it was a great fit or just some minor sanding to get them where I wanted to be. If you like to switch barrel in stock you want want extra clearance.

Thanks

Buck

Good evening, Buck,

Thanks!! Very much appreciated. I have a Remington LA and a Criterion heavy sporter barrel from Northland Shooters Supply that I'll be putting in the stock.
I believe that I'll go with the B&C BDL Sporter now...decisions decisions, eh?

Thanks again, Buck!

All my best,
Rob

All of zmy builds have been criterion from northland supply. They all have turned out wonderful and I can't wait for the next ones

Thanks

Buck

Good morning, Buck,

Glad to hear your experience with Criterion is like mine has been. I use there barrels exclusively on AR builds. They are the best I've used by far.
By the way, which B&C stock(s) have you used with your Remage builds?

Thanks again for your time and input, Buck!

All my best,
Rob

I am not sure but I think it was a medalist. I have done a few Boyd stocks and a Richards laminate blank that I shaped the stock for.

Let me know how it turns out

Thanks

Buck

I have used the B&C M40 stock in both of my criterion remage builds and didn't have to do anything to the stocks to clear the barrel nut. If you do, it won't be more than a little sanding.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts