ID this bullet, please

johnnyk

Someone gave me these bullets years ago and I have no idea what they are, other than 7mm 160gn. They have exposed lead tips and exposed lead bases. There appears to be pressure cuts in the shank, kinda like what's on the Barnes Triple Shocks. Is this a older Partition? Best guess.....?
Bulit.jpg

wv270wsm

I’ve got some very old 338 cal partitions and they do not have a “ pressure cut” on them . I’d venture to say swift also but it’s really hard to tell

johnnyk

Dang, thanks for the help fellas. I can see that some have been pulled but I don't know where they came from. I only have about 30 but I'm gonna push some tomorrow ahead of Retumbo and see what the 7Mag 700P likes. Hopefully I can find a sub MOA load within 12-15 shots and if so I'll load the rest and use 'em on deer.

Far North Hunter

LRH Team Member
Sure look like vintage nosler partition from my recollection. Shot many way back in a 338 win mag. Ok accuracy, but nothing great. Were and still are lethal.

Last edited:

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.