I wear glasses/ New scope looks slightly blury

Iron Worker

I just bought a Burris Black Diamond 8x32x50.I just recieved my latest priscription glasses.Looking thru the new scope its a little bit blury,rear focus adjustment has no effect.I shoot at bench rest targets(The ones you can record the data for each load) At 100 yds I can't quite make out the print on the targets.Is it cause of corrected vision or would that be true for anybody.The cross hairs are perfectly clear.Would this be the case if the scope was a US Optics or S&B or Swarvoskie,Night force? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There are three issues with glasses that I have encountered.

1. Bifocals- progressive lens bifocals are almost impossible for me to shoot with because I get into the transition area and things get blurry. I have the glasses I wear to work every day and then I have a pair of single lens glasses for hunting. I cannot read the scope dials with those glasses on so I have to take them off whenever I want do anything that requires close up vision while hunting. What a pain in the ***.

2. Glasses are designed to be a certain distance from your eyes and when they slide down and get pushed back up all the time like I do it is hard to be consistent.

3. Glasses are designed to be looked through in the center of the lens. With a scoped rifle, I tend to place my head so I am looking through the left edge of the right lens. There is a lot of distortion in that area of the lens. There are two companies that build glasses with the correct curvature close to the inside edge. When I retire and get to shooting more I intend to buy a pair.

Here are you some references. Before you spend a lot of money make sure you know what your problem is. It may also be that you can simply get you regular glasses place to grind your next pair a little different. I get glasses with very big lenses. What I know is that as I sit here with my laptop watching TV as I turn my head to the right or left I slowly lose sharpness.

one

two

three

general info

more info

I do not recommend nor endorse any of these glasses. I simply know that I have a problem that sounds the same as yours.

anyone you know with normal vision test your scope? Maybe the scope is pooched?

I wear glasses and find the Elite 4200 and Nikon scopes to work very well for me. Never been too impressed with Luppy but that might be me too.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.