I need a copper remover

I use a variety of solvents. My go to is using a bore guide with a solvent port, I run a patch that's absolutely soaked in the Wipeout accelerator through the bore. Then switch to a bore guide that doesn't have a solvent port and put the Wipeout in the bore, holding the button on the can down until the foam is coming out the muzzle. Walk away for an hour. Come back and run a clean patch through. Sometimes I do that whole process twice, or follow with Butch's bore shine. I usually clean every 30-50 rounds and it rarely needs a second application.

If it's really bad, nothing beats JB's bore paste. Use a brass brush one size smaller than the bore, wrap the brush in a patch that's been coated with the bore paste and run it through the barrel with 10 -15 strokes. Follow up with patches of Butch's to get the paste out. You'll be shocked how clean this gets the barrel. Not something you want to do regularly but if you've got a copper or carbon ring problem this has worked really well for me in the past.

Boretech eliminator for all around carbon/copper/powder residue, and boretech Cu2 if I'm wanting to focus on copper for some reason.

As has been said, make sure there is no brass at all in your cleaning rod/brush/jag setup or it will never stop coming out blue. Boretech is good stuff, and not as bad to deal with as the ammonia based cleaners. I still keep hoppes, but that's mostly for gun room cologne these days 🤣

Stop with the bore pastes! Those aren't needed for copper removal no matter how bad.
Wipeout foam with accelerator is ok. Shooter's Choice foam with accelerator is even better. Shooter's Choice foam is better than Wipeout foam on it's own.

After 3hrs, run a patch soaked with alcohol through the bore. Follow with 10 passes of a bronze brush soaked with alcohol. Dry patch out, and check with borescope. Repeat till no copper is visible.

It seams copper develops a resistance to the copper solvents and the alcohol flushes with bronze brush seems to soften the surface of remaining copper, making it easy to remove on the subsequent cleanings.

Sweet's 7.62 works very well…no time do you leave it in the barrel for more than 15 minutes, and scrub it out with metho or isopropyl.

Cheers.
I,ve used sweets7.62 for years.....heard all the warnings...... took a bottle to work.... put some on a s.steel 416 bar...... to see..... nothing......happened.... kept putting it on all day..... still nothing.....

I have been using Sweets 7.62 since the mid 80's, and also use the Montana Extreme Copper Killer which flat-out works. Sweets and Copper killer work exceptionally well when applied with Wool Mops.

I am not a soaking kinda guy, I like to clean the guns and move on. I have every product made that is mentioned here in this thread, and I can tell you that if you have a bore scope at your cleaning station, Many of the products will just **** you off at how INEFFECTIVE they are.

I worry more about the carbon build-up than the copper, and this is an understatement. My best shooting barrels all show little tolerance for carbon build-up where groups will go from 1" at 300 to 3" !!!

I don't care about the smell, I want the product to work and work RIGHT NOW!

One thing about Sweets, it has lye in it. After shooting all day on p. dog towns, we would have a beer and clean the gun in the headlights at the motel. My pard liked the 6% Coors. He would get a little loopy in combo with his blood pressure meds, but that was him. His nose would start running and of course he would just wipe off his nose with his hand while cleaning the rifles. The next morning, he had scabs on his upper lip and nose! That Sweets had ate off some skin and he did not even know it, got to love those 6% Coors after a long hot day shooting!

Sweets 7.62 is very good at removing the carbon on the end of the muzzle.

I think that some guys throw their brains away looking for a non-stinking cleaning solution. The issue at hand is how much carbon is left in the barrel and is still being called clean. Down to bare metal is what I call clean where my barrels shoot incredible groups. When the carbon is super cooked, it will often NOT come out without serious abrasives.

I am going to get off my soap box now, sorry for the rant. Teslong bore scopes start at $89, plug into a lap top or note pad.

I need a good copper remover cleaner. The stuff I have been using does not seem to get the copper out.
I use Hoppes Elite Copper Terminator. Works good. I get blue patches with that that I don't with other stuff. Having a borescope makes cleaning guns more involved too. When I think I got it all, I go and look and I'm only half way done. Just something to keep in mind.

The Teslong borescope was a great investment. Always thought my barrels were pretty clean but learned otherwise with the scope. I use boretech wipeout w accelerator for most cleaning but found the JB bore paste gets it down to bare/shiny metal. Also works well on the dreaded carbon ring. Once you get them sparkling clean, it becomes much easier to keep them from fouling as bad. YMMV.

It's not at all a copper solvent but regarding carbon and crud and oils and all that other stuff I recently discovered acetone is another useful tool for the gun cleaning toolbox.
I usually flush with alcohol. But anything like that is probably a good idea. Something quick drying they gets junk out when you're finished.