I made a Magneto V3 adapter on the cheap, Dirt cheap...

It looks great for the AR style hand guard. Do you have to fashion a new piece of PVC for your hunting rifles with wooden or CF fore ends?
This is my only rifle.
That is my question also. It appears it is a gun specific set up and not universal. Love the ingenuity though. Trying to find a more universal way to attach to several guns. Have the wiser mount l, but don't care for it as much.
Yes, this is gun specific since I made it for mine. I don't have the coin for a more professional mounting system, that look way too cumbersome and wobbly to me btw and I figured on a more direct approach that would take all of those variables out of the picture. Stiffer, less weight and less BS to get in the way.

As for Patenting this, I don't give a crap. This is not something you would produce on a large scale anyway because there are way too many variables out there. Handguard diameter, shape, length, mounting rail positions, accessories, barrel length, yada yada yada... The only way you could mass produce something like this is if you had the time and $ to cover all of the manufactured rifle models, then you are talking about making production molds for each application... Not only that but then that leaves the custom rigs out of the picture.

Last edited:
My LR died after over a year, I have not even bothered to send it for repair. I turned around and bought a MS V3. Could not be happier. I just use either one of them to verify speed after I settled on the grouping capability of the weapon.

What irritated me with LR when I called them. To paraphrase their questions. What 6V power supply did you use? We want to make sure you use the correct 6V DC power source. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? - correct 6V DC supply?

What irritated me with LR when I called them. To paraphrase their questions. What 6V power supply did you use? We want to make sure you use the correct 6V DC power source. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? - correct 6V DC supply?
The correct power supply would have a filter in it to remove the noise from the 60 hertz you plug into as well as any other noise in the line. Usually a capacitor of some kind would do that but knowing the correct uf for the frequencies your trying to clean up would help.

I took a piece of pvc pipe and made this hand guard mount for my Magneto V3.
It's not finished yet. I need do a couple of things still to keep it secure.

Not sure how well it will hold up but, for the money, if it works, cool...

Thoughts???
AW, MagnetoSpeed V3......the wet dream of every MacGyver want-to-be.

The correct power supply would have a filter in it to remove the noise from the 60 hertz you plug into as well as any other noise in the line. Usually a capacitor of some kind would do that but knowing the correct uf for the frequencies your trying to clean up would help.
Poor design. I retired from the semiconductor industry I somewhat have vague understanding of simple circuitry. Poor design in today's standard on their Vcc input circuitry.

Last edited:
Is that steel or aluminum and how much does it flex/wiggle?
For that setup, I would have used a T-bar. virtually no flex but might twist tho. jm2c...
Doesn't wiggle the downward movement is minimal and the block part is about 1/8" away from the barrel. Any screw that could possibly become loose and cause a problem has lock tight on it. Beats having it hang off of the barrel

Built mine out of 1/4"x2" flat bar aluminum and attached it to an Arca clamp the screwed an 11" Arca rail to the stock. I have $25 invested and it works great
Hard to see it. Or did you do that on purpose for patent reasons!! Lol 😂

This is my only rifle.

Yes, this is gun specific since I made it for mine. I don't have the coin for a more professional mounting system, that look way too cumbersome and wobbly to me btw and I figured on a more direct approach that would take all of those variables out of the picture. Stiffer, less weight and less BS to get in the way.

As for Patenting this, I don't give a crap. This is not something you would produce on a large scale anyway because there way too many variables out there. Handguard diameter, shape, length, mounting rail positions, accessories, barrel length, yada yada yada... The only way you could mass produce something like this is if you had the time and $ to cover all of the manufactured rifle models, then you are talking about making production molds for each application... Not only that but then that leaves the custom rigs out of the picture.
Yeah I know that this was a personal labor of your own gun love. As for patent pending, I was only making a bit of humor. Again, nice job!

Pictures please. 😁
i looked through my phone for the photos. not sure where they went. I can get photos of the adapter but not on the rifle (new 6ARC i built) because literally my access to it is limited by my wife currently.

the PVC adapter is a great ideal and could be formed in so many configurations! i love that idea/medium.

i looked through my phone for the photos. not sure where they went. I can get photos of the adapter but not on the rifle (new 6ARC i built) because literally my access to it is limited by my wife currently.

the PVC adapter is a great ideal and could be formed in so many configurations! i love that idea/medium.

some photos i just took. only takes about 60 seconds to connect the adapter to the magnetospeed and then the QR just clips to the rail on the foreend… 😊

its not fancy but i believe it will do the trick. thats a scrap piece of 1.5" square aluminum tube i had. the QR mount is a $12 piece. the holes for the QR to mount are slotted so i could adjust angle as well as forward placement. (there are more holes if ever wanted to move it)

stores in the case

Attachments

• FB5629E0-CA0A-4201-9E9D-9618CDD971C9.jpeg
    FB5629E0-CA0A-4201-9E9D-9618CDD971C9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 2B9F1E9C-3154-4C79-B717-564E30823C55.jpeg
    2B9F1E9C-3154-4C79-B717-564E30823C55.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 47B70113-59F0-45B0-B1BF-16E63D9A7C9F.jpeg
    47B70113-59F0-45B0-B1BF-16E63D9A7C9F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 67BAFA03-A224-417B-AF50-3A6388ADC376.jpeg