I Had Forgotten

ButterBean

My Niece turned 16 this week, She's a Daddy's girl and tough as a pine knot, works hard on the farm, good grades, softball, volleyball, 4-H animals the whole 9 yards, She has been Deer hunting with every time he goes but hasn't shot anything yet but her time is coming, anyway she is very special to me so I got her a rifle of her own that fit her so she wasn't struggling with something awkward, A CVA Hunter in 243 topped with a 2-7 X 32 Nikon, Nothing special but very accurate and capable, She came over last night for a bit and was so tired from her day it was all she could do to hold her eyes open. I brung it up from downstairs and said Happy Birthday, I swear her eyes grew three times in size and her smile was mesmerizing and for a moment in my world ...............Everything was rite, I had forgotten what it felt like to see a kid that happy over a gun or anything for that matter.............. It's good to be Uncle Bean
PS She shot it off the back porch just to make sure it worked ;)

Last edited:
Well done Uncle Bean, You done a good thing and made your girl happy. Now she's got her own rifle when that deer comes out, we always bond with that first rifle that's all our's. Mines sitting down in the gunroom, don't carry it anymore but will have it to the end. Nice story ;)
Thanks Brother, She wouldn't turn loose of it ;) Kinda made me feel like a kid again myself, you would have thought that thing was made of gold

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.