If you had a factory rifle....

srhaggerty

And you wanted to give it a face lift with out a full blown action blue print, what would you do???

I bought a new Rem 700 LSS 300 winny. I want to make some improvments to it until I burn the barrel out. What are some things I can do to it to get the most accuaracy out of it. Here is what I have thought of so far.

Tune the trigger
re-cut the crown
bed the action

What would you guys do for break in? Would the Tubbs Finish, I think it is, help?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Dont use final finish

Hi don't use final finish unless the barrel fiuls so bad you can't clean it.

Do as you have mentioned and look at an oversize recoil lug and then square the front of the action and re headspace then when the barrel is dead the bedding won't require re doing if you true the action and change the lug then.

Cheers Bill

Wild Bill,

I used the final finish process to "break in" a new factory barrel in 338 RUM. I think I would use it on every factory (rem, savage, etc) barrel that I wanted to accurize. Anyway he said "until he burns the barrel out". He has nothing to loose.;)

well I had an extra 15 dollar rebate for cabelas so I ordered a box of Final Finish. If it is bad and burns the barrel out quicker, then Kirby will get some more work.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.