StaBall Match and HD I recently had the opportunity to test these new powders. www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/hunting-gear/putting-the-new-stab

The only load that I could compare to a known load was the 204 Ruger loads which gave a little better velocity that Varget
The other loads were simply chosen at random as discussed in the article. I primarily strive for accuracy before worrying about velocity. I have friend who load for velocity first, them worry about velocity.

I hate it when new powders come out and are inflamed with velocities that don't hold truth just for marketing! Superfomance is a big culprit along with 6.5Stabal. VV is about the only one with truth and maybe LRT. I state this on velocity only, not accuracy.

I'm Hitting, Near Max Velocities with, StaBall 65, in a 24", Semi-Custom, 6 XC with, 95 Berg's to 107 gr. SMK's or, 108 Elite Bergers and,..
they ARE,. "BugHoling",.. in the 2's and 3's with,.. THROWN charges !
My 6.5 Creedmoor, is getting OVER, 2,700 FPS with, 143 ELD-X's and, 1/2 to 5/8's MOA from, a Sub 7 1/2 pound, Factory Tikka, Hunting Rifle.
Send that Chit My way,.. I'll pour it, on my Lawn for You guys,.. at, NO extra charge !

Last edited: