I fell off the deep end and joined the dark side. New AR owner

For me AR's are toys. When it is time for real work I break out the bolt guns.

The AR15 receiver limits it to pretty anemic cartridges

And AR10'see are ridiculously heavy

Not to mention bolt guns are much easier to get the accuracy out of.

But the AR's sure are fun and I love buidling them

Yeah, i find myself less and less interested with them.

If you reload, do yourself a favor and get a brass catcher!

AR's and bolt guns share an equal portion of my heart. In fact I find that I love almost any firearm unless it is either unreliable or not accurate.

I've had bolt guns that don't feed as reliable or shoot as accurate as my AR's.

Plenty of power in the AR platform. My 450 Bushmaster upper delivers comparable energy as a 12 gauge slug.

I love both of my sons equally, but for different reasons. They both make me smile in their own unique ways. Just an analogy. :)

For me AR's are toys. When it is time for real work I break out the bolt guns.

The AR15 receiver limits it to pretty anemic cartridges

And AR10'see are ridiculously heavy

Not to mention bolt guns are much easier to get the accuracy out of.

But the AR's sure are fun and I love buidling them
Might take a gander at the WSSM class of cartridges for the AR. I had 1 243WSSM that would more than hang with any 6mm bolt gun out there. D-tech makes a 6.5 WSSM that will run past a 260 and there is also the 300 OSSM which will run with a 308.

I'm so sorry to hear of your affliction.

I've seen these symptoms before. On piece of black plastic shows up in some stuff from a garage sale or stripped lower because the "price was right". Then another black part and another and another. Pretty soon the infection is systemic.

Take 2 Remington Ultra Mags and call me in the morning.

I might not answer as I could be out shooting my black gun in 6mmAR.gun)

I'm so sorry to hear of your affliction.

I've seen these symptoms before. On piece of black plastic shows up in some stuff from a garage sale or stripped lower because the "price was right". Then another black part and another and another. Pretty soon the infection is systemic.

Take 2 Remington Ultra Mags and call me in the morning.

I might not answer as I could be out shooting my black gun in 6mmAR.gun)
Turrible advice. I took 3 RUMs, an Edge and a couple of SAUMS and I still have issues. My advice is much better. Paint em tan. That's all it takes to cure a black rifle issue. Paint em another color and VOILA.

May the AR force be with you Luke

I was same, shot bolt guns for 50 yrs. Bought an AR 7.62x39 and I was hooked. Bought an AR 6.5Grendel for long range and I am teetotally hooked. Even switched to a Rem 7400 .270 for
regular ol deer elk etc. Gas guns rock.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.