I fell off the deep end and joined the dark side. New AR owner

mikea5232

After many years of denial of the usefulness of an AR15 I decided to get one before I possibly couldn't. I picked up a RRA predator pursuit with a 20" barrel. I was always told that autos are not nearly as accurate as a bolt gun so I stayed away from them. Well I was very very wrong in believing what I was told.

All groups were shot at 100yrds 55g bullets, 3x9 burris c4 plus scope.

Attachments

• 20161017_092032.jpg
    20161017_092032.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 20161007_173812.jpg
    20161007_173812.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 20161017_092039.jpg
    20161017_092039.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 171
  • 20161016_093710.jpg
    20161016_093710.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 178
Nice shooting now that you have been bitten by AR bug good luck there like lego's for men.lightbulb

Nice shooting...Welcome to the club.
My Hart barreled Whitely 6mmAR used for 300 yard Egg Shoot competition. Bolt rifles BEWARE!
Well over 2000 rounds down the tube and still going strong.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 164
After many years of denial of the usefulness of an AR15 I decided to get one before I possibly couldn't. I picked up a RRA predator pursuit with a 20" barrel. I was always told that autos are not nearly as accurate as a bolt gun so I stayed away from them. Well I was very very wrong in believing what I was told.

All groups were shot at 100yrds 55g bullets, 3x9 burris c4 plus scope.

yep

felt the same way about them for years. About 3 years ago I bought one for a truck gun. I was like a kid with a new .22.

now I am addicted. Don't ever build one or you will be addicted too! I have .223, 6mm, 6.5mm. I build them and give them away to family members. Don't know where this addiction will take me.

Of course I have just recently joined the barrel nut club and that is just as addicting. I have a new found respect for stockmakers. Toughest challenge yet.

5232, hope you bought it from a private party. I sold mine since I bought it from the manufacturer using my CCW. Perhaps I can find a private sale AR to have for home protection if Hitlary doesn't take them first.

5232, hope you bought it from a private party. I sold mine since I bought it from the manufacturer using my CCW. Perhaps I can find a private sale AR to have for home protection if Hitlary doesn't take them first.

I'm not to worried about her taking them. I was more worried about her banning them that's why I bought it.

Good luck. I was in the same boat as you went years without wanting one for the same reasons. Then I bought one in 08 for same reason. No I rarely drag out my bolt guns and have a great collection of scary black one.

For me AR's are toys. When it is time for real work I break out the bolt guns.

The AR15 receiver limits it to pretty anemic cartridges

And AR10'see are ridiculously heavy

Not to mention bolt guns are much easier to get the accuracy out of.

But the AR's sure are fun and I love buidling them

Last edited:
Yes, I just did the same thing for the same reason! Started with one and now have two. Go figure...never saw that coming!
Mine don't shoot like yours, yet... (this will probably be a spendy venture.)

Yes, I just did the same thing for the same reason! Started with one and now have two. Go figure...never saw that coming!
Mine don't shoot like yours, yet... (this will probably be a spendy venture.)

I was hoping that by buying a predator pursuit I wouldn't need to spend a bunch more money to get it to shoot really well. Accuracy was my only stipulation on buying one. It had to shoot very well. And it shoots like a house a fire. I'm more than happy with how it shoots. My buddy is trying to find one to buy a well after seeing what mine does. I've shot smith's and dpms's and neither seem to be what rock river is. I know very little about them but I'm very very happy with my purchase. If I put a 25x scope on it instead of a 9x I'd maybe see better groups yet.

I was hoping that by buying a predator pursuit I wouldn't need to spend a bunch more money to get it to shoot really well. Accuracy was my only stipulation on buying one. It had to shoot very well. And it shoots like a house a fire. I'm more than happy with how it shoots. My buddy is trying to find one to buy a well after seeing what mine does. I've shot smith's and dpms's and neither seem to be what rock river is. I know very little about them but I'm very very happy with my purchase. If I put a 25x scope on it instead of a 9x I'd maybe see better groups yet.

You have a good.one. with a little work they will shoot.

arturbo40_zpshbfijds6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.