Joined in on the Grendel

rcoody

Been building on this rifle for almost a year off and on. Have had a satern barrel ordered for about six months and they keep leading me on. Still have it on order and if in ever comes I will build another upper with it. Anyway I am interested to see how it shoots. Light profile barrel weighs 1#14oz. I have several hbars and they are great off the bench but don't want to carry them far. Building this Grendel mainly for nighttime hog hunting. Wanted it light. Gun without optics weighs in at 7#6oz. I could lighten it up more with a different stock and a lighter handguard but I think 7 1/2# is a good weight for a rifle. with a 1 pound scope it will be just right.

anyway what do you think?

CMT tactical Lower with Geissele SSA-E trigger, JP silent capture H2 buffer and an A2 stock with bag rider
MUR upper with BMC bolt carrier and JP enhanced Grendel bolt
JP 18" lightweight contour Grendel barrel with JP adjustable gas block
YHM Todd Jarrett rifle length competition handguard.

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/rcoody1/media/Grendel_zpsgilspyii.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Been building on this rifle for almost a year off and on. Have had a satern barrel ordered for about six months and they keep leading me on. Still have it on order and if in ever comes I will build another upper with it. Anyway I am interested to see how it shoots. Light profile barrel weighs 1#14oz. I have several hbars and they are great off the bench but don't want to carry them far. Building this Grendel mainly for nighttime hog hunting. Wanted it light. Gun without optics weighs in at 7#6oz. I could lighten it up more with a different stock and a lighter handguard but I think 7 1/2# is a good weight for a rifle. with a 1 pound scope it will be just right.

anyway what do you think?

CMT tactical Lower with Geissele SSA-E trigger, JP silent capture H2 buffer and an A2 stock with bag rider
MUR upper with BMC bolt carrier and JP enhanced Grendel bolt
JP 18" lightweight contour Grendel barrel with JP adjustable gas block
YHM Todd Jarrett rifle length competition handguard.

Grendel_zpsgilspyii.jpg Photo by rcoody1 | Photobucket

Try this for a pic

Attachments

• grendel.jpg
    grendel.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 149
Though some prefer the hand guard long enough to cover the gas block I do not. Great looking Grendel!

Yep

Done that before but this one has an adjustable gas block and I will be running suppressed and unsuppressed so I needed access to the gas block. Didn't want to be drilling holes in the handguard. That handguard is very sturdy but quite heavy. If I change anything it will probably be the handguard just to lighten it up a bit but you really are only going to cut 8 or 9 ozs.

No experience with JP barrels. Really curious about how it will shoot and how the light contour affects it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts