I dunnit now.

Shooter00

I wanted to do a little trigger work on my new FN TSR XP 300 WSM, so I set out to pull the stock off. The bolts were really tight from the factory, this was the first chance I've had to tear it down all the way. So I held some good steady pressure on the front bolt, and learned not to use the nifty Allen wrenches with the any-angle-ball on the bottom. SNAP! It broke and left the tip of the wrench wedged in the bolt head, flush to the top.

Any safe and nifty ways to extract? For reference, it's a 5/32 wrench.

Thanks! 00

So the end of the wrench broke; correct?

Have you tried a magnet or a dental pick? You could probably use some super-glue (if you have a steady hand) to pull it out.

Shouldn't be hard, I wouldn't use a drill unless it was a last resort.

t

Two easy options on a little harder.
1. Left hand drill bit
2. Drill a small hole in the broken piece and use an ez out and back the screw out.
3. The harder and more skillful one take is use the screw you got out, find a drill bit one size larger and center it up and just drill the head to the shank and take the stock off the. You can use a set of vice grips to re move the remaining shank of screw.

Usually a pick and a magnet will get it out. Happens at work quite a bit. Otherwise glue something to it or try and drill and tap it for a small machine screw. Once the tap is in you could pull it out with that. Sometimes holding the part upside down and tapping it with an appropriate hammer does the trick.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.